Queensland Rail - Cairns Region (kuranda Scenic Railway) Cairns - Kuranda

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Peto23, Dec 28, 2021.

?
  1. Yes!

14 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Maybe

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Probably Not

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Peto23

Peto23 New Member

I think this is a good route to drive through seeing all the scenery around especially the Stoney creek falls, Barron Falls and the old untouched Kuranda station. I would like this route because its not to big to develop, It would be the first route in Oceania, and having a old timeline. What do you think.

2. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Absolutely need it because it would be more Narrow Gauge action and one thing to consider Cape Gauge 1.067m QLD trains are compatible with Arosa Line Metre Gauge tracks however Arosa Line trains to run on off the rails mode because QLD Kuranda Line isn't electrified

3. Peto23

Peto23 New Member

Lets see what DTG says

4. jamesbaby286

jamesbaby286 Well-Known Member

It's a wonderfully beautiful railway! I think it's at least deserving of some pictures and more detail.

The railway snakes for 37km up a mountain through lush rainforest with wonderful views of waterfalls along the way.
    It's served by 2 separate operators both owned by Queensland Rail; Kuranda Scenic Railway's own services, and the Savannahlander which also starts at Cairns and travels up to Kuranda and then continues out into the deserts of northern Queensland.

KSR-map.jpg
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    passing-waterfall-near.jpg

Here's a navigable virtual tour of the inside of the historic coaches that run behind the Kuranda train.
    https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=29BKUm5zXnW

I've added this thread to the master list of Australian suggestion threads found here:
    https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/australian-proposal-suggestion-master-list.41526/

• Like Like x 1
  5. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Would be nice, just the hurdle of DTG not really wanting to do anything outside UK, certain European countries and North America to overcome.