Queensland Rail

Discussion in 'Route Suggestions & Proposals' started by Aussie_Gunzel, Mar 21, 2021.

1. Aussie_Gunzel

Aussie_Gunzel Member

I think Queensland Australia should be the first Australian route to be added, we got a world record for fastest train on 1067mm track that got up to 210kph. Oldest narrow gauge mainline between Ipswich and Toowoomba. But personally I'd love a route starting from Rosewood and it goes to Bowen Hills with Mayne yard and extinction to Port of Brisbane where we can drive long coal trains plus adding extra services such as Gold Coast/Beenleigh and Cleveland line services as well as Ipswich and Springfield services. Not to mention dual gauge is also present.

2. Cyclone

Cyclone Well-Known Member

Why would you want coal in this day and age? (Wait, I'm being told this can be dated to the 90s. Carry on.)

There are a lot of options for Australia. At a minimum, I for one hope that we get something.

3. PhÜnKî_Rø0sTā

PhÜnKî_Rø0sTā Well-Known Member

Building a QR route would be interesting - Assuming that you have either a Japanese or South African route for the tracks. I'd personally like to see the Cairns - Kuranda line.