PC Question About A Service On Gwe

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by The SimTrain Tube, Aug 13, 2019.

1. The SimTrain Tube

The SimTrain Tube Well-Known Member

I've been doing the Dagenham Dock to Didcot Yard service starting at 15:57 on the GWE DLC without the hud.

Every time I arrive at Reading, and I'm about to stop, the emergency brake seems to come on.
    Does anyone know what/if I'm doing anything wrong here? I was doing less then 10 MPH as I was getting ready to stop.

[​IMG]
    As you can see on the screenshot, the brake pressure gauge is at max.

2. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

This is a well known bug with the route. It seems the developers have incorrectly inputted the wrong instructions, so if you are going under a certain speed towards a red, it’ll activate the emergency brakes. To prevent this you have to go quite fast into the station and them slam on the brakes. Obviously it should be the other way round.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  3. lucas_5_5

lucas_5_5 Well-Known Member

it happened to me just yesterday too...

4. -PjM-

-PjM- Well-Known Member

To prevent it you can also press the TPWS override button a few moments prior to crossing over the activation plates set between the tracks. It resets after a short period (30 seconds?) so don't press it too early. You can also switch it off all together and it won't trouble you.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. Jez

Jez Well-Known Member

Happens on XBox too.

6. -PjM-

-PjM- Well-Known Member

I've just had a quick look and I think that what causes the "problem" is that on a couple of platforms there are TPWS plates protecting the signals on the London side. Even when you are heading west it'll still register your speed over these plates and apply the brakes because it thinks you are going too quickly.
    Maybe this is what happens on multi directional lines in real life or perhaps it's set incorrectly in game, I'm not sure. But a press of the Train Stop Override button tells the system to ignore warnings for a short period and let's you progress - usually!

It seems fine on the platforms without these easterly direction plates.