Question About Train Simulator On Steam

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mdrinkle, Feb 11, 2018.

1. mdrinkle

mdrinkle New Member

I was wondering apparently there was a Cajon Pass DLC for Train Simulator but I can't find it on Steam. Is it still available and can it be used on TS2018?

2. mdrinkle

mdrinkle New Member

Also there is certain downloadable content I cannot get it says I need Train Simulator but I have it in the Train Simulator 2018. Is there certain downloadable content that will not work on TS2018?

3. Spainishdriver

Spainishdriver New Member

I posed a similar question a few days ago but haven't had a reply. I have loads of assets, routes and scenery which I had on TS-2014 but can't seem to upload them into TS-2018. They disappeared when I was automatically 'upgraded' to TS-2018.
    It seems to be a ploy to get us simmers to part with more money - I could be wrong and I would welcome any response so I can eat my words.

4. TrainSim-Jay

TrainSim-Jay Guest

You shouldn't lose any content when upgrading to the most recent version, all content that has been released since TS's inception is fully compatible with the most recent version and should be carried over automatically.

Have you contacted our support team?

- Jay

5. TrainSim-Jay

TrainSim-Jay Guest

Weird. Drop our support team a call at dovetailgames.kayako.com and they will look into this for you :)

- Jay

6. Spainishdriver

Spainishdriver New Member

I will eat my words and thank you for your reply. I have now located most but not all of my previously installed content within my Steam library. It was simply a case of re-installing them into TS 2018.
    Given that I had been away from the sim for a couple of years, it would have been nice to have been told that this needed to be done after the automatic upgrade. I will know next time.
    Thanks again for your response.

Gary

7. Zayphod

Zayphod New Member

Yes, I'm also on Steam. Click on STORE then go to the search box and enter Cajon Pass. It shows up first item on the list.
    Clicking on something I don't have yet, I do see the notice:
    Downloadable Content
    This content requires the base game Train Simulator on Steam in order to play.
    If you HAVE Train Sim (anything past 2014) you should be able to purchase it and Steam should dump it into the correct folder for you (sometimes takes a few minutes.