Question About Which Type Of Road To Use For Railroad Crossing In Route Editor.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ctrainsim156, Sep 17, 2021.

1. Ctrainsim156

Ctrainsim156 New Member

Hey everyone, I hope you are all doing well so far. So I have a question for you all. Which type of PS road, (Pacific Surfliner Road) is recommended to use for when making a railroad crossing?
    The reason why I’m asking this question is because, a couple days ago, I was making a route and I used a Pacific Surfliner Road V2 (traffic) to make a railroad crossing, and after I tested it out, every single time cars kept on passing through the tracks whenever the railroad crossing gates went down for the train to pass and went up after the train passed. Like they all went passing none-stop. I had a struggle with this and so I had to delete my route and now redoing it. So yeah which type of Pacific Surfliner road should I use? Or am I able to use any type of Pacific Surfliner road or any other roads I have from other routes?

2. deedee3382

deedee3382 Member

I'm not 100% sure if this advice will be correct as I don't have the dlc you are referring to, but in most packs I've used to build it's all about the link placement.
    When you initially place the crossing you are then left with links to place. Place as many links as there are tracks. Now right click and you will still be offered further link placement, these are for the roads. Then right click again and you should have finished the placement.
    Now click on the grey cube in the centre of the crossing, this will display all of the links you have just placed. The ones on the track are bi-directional so shouldn't need adjusting, but on the ones for the road the arrows should be pointing at the crossing gates. If they are not you can move them and change their direction using shift + left click.

I hope this helps, good luck!

3. Ctrainsim156

Ctrainsim156 New Member

Oh, okay alright awesome, thank you so much!! I’ll try that and hopefully that should work. I’ll let you know if I’m still in need of help after I try that.

4. Ctrainsim156

Ctrainsim156 New Member

Oh, okay alright awesome, thank you so much!! I’ll try that and hopefully that should work. I’ll let you know if I’m still in need of help after I try that.