PlayStation Questions For The Koln-aachen Q&a

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by OnlyMe1909, Jul 10, 2020.

1. OnlyMe1909

OnlyMe1909 Well-Known Member

DTG_Protagonist said in yesterday's stream that the next TSW2 Q&A will be about the Koln-Aachen route. So I thought I'd start up a thread so we can collect our questions about this route in one spot

As far as my questions go:

- Can you confirm LZB will be operational? And if so, I assume the ICE will run on LZB and the Talent 2 on PZB ?
    - Will there be aditional loco's for this route along the way (in the form of DLC of course). With only the ICE and Talent 2, this route seems a bit 'sparsely' populated
    - I'm very happy about the introduction of high speed in the game, but I was a tad disappointed that the line would only be about 40 mi/65 km long. Will there be longer high speed lines in the future?

Feel free to add on

2. Paulo_1997

Paulo_1997 Active Member

I think the most important questions for me are:

1. Do we start at "Köln Hbf" or will we be able to start at Köln Messe/Deutz to ride over the "Hohenzollernbrücke"?
    2. After departing at "Köln Hbf", the trains pass the "ICE Werk Köln Betriebsbahnhof". Are there any services, that allow us to drive the trains to/from there?

Let's not make things smaller as they are :D
    The route from Köln-Aachen goes 43 miles/ 71 km ;)

• Like Like x 2
  3. Slemcer

Slemcer Well-Known Member

If it doesn't run on LZB it is not allowed to drive faster than 160 kph. This is due to technical and legal restrictions.
    A second valid control system would be ETCS, but I doubt it will be implemented in TSW2.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2020
  4. OnlyMe1909

OnlyMe1909 Well-Known Member

Came up with another question for Thursday's Q&A. It's not really related to the Koln-Aachen route, but more about a feature of the game in general. Still hope to get an answer.

It's about a feature in TSW that has lead to many debates: the fact that the object distance marker measures the distance as the crow flies iso giving line distance. I personally don't really mind that, but I know it's confusing to a lot of players. I even saw Sam end a 204 scenario because he thought he went the wrong way as the object distance was adding up iso gowing down. He was in fact going the correct way. The track was just making a very big bend. So, as the crow flies, he was temporarily getting further away from his goal.

Is this going to be changed in TSW2. Will the object distance be calculated in line distance (which is more logical), or will it remain as the crow flies?

• Like Like x 3
  5. Plastic Pal

Plastic Pal Well-Known Member

They could do rail miles/kms, because every piece of track is loaded with APS beacons at regular intervals. They just need to be added up. Plus..... the simulator knows the distance to the next signal (which I assume is correct - as it is different form the point-to-point distance), so it could approximate on long curves using chords between the signals, instead of direct distance. So there are two possibilities. Both would need to be programmed in, like on TS1, which has fairly advanced distance/time approximations/projections.

This distance to objective issue is actually important - it impacts on the way you drive and prepare your braking, especially on any train using AFB or cruise control, or anything challenging using freight. It will become much more important with wheelslip/slide and properly weighted wagons with variable brake pressures along a consist. I find the distance to objective quite jarring as it drops you out of immersion when you have to react to the inconsistent distance information.

Regarding questions for the Aachen route, here are mine:

- Will there be a manual?
    - Will there be any ICE services with stops - or is it purely non-stop as the recent marketing indicates?
    - Will we get the opportunity to buy any of the original TSW rolling stock again, to use in TSW2.....?
    - Has anyone actually tested the key Scenarios to make sure that they work, including on consoles?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I asked this question in the Sand Patch Grade Q&A but it was ignored. However, I think it is a genuine question that deserves an honest answer.

Do the trophies work first time every time? Are they reliable so that having to rerun scenarios etc is a thing of the past?

• Like Like x 2
  7. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

matjamca That's not a question we'll answer on the stream because the answer is "obviously they should."

I've flagged it to the team to request that greater reliability in earning trophies is accomplished.

• Like Like x 10
  8. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Thanks for acknowledging it DTG Protagonist :)

9. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

I did ask the question in the Sandpatch Q&A which Matt answered as a firm no. But lets hope this happens.
    it was about static consists being placed in Sceanrio creator (which is prototypical as you go past most sidings or railway yards with rolling stock in them). Yet that was made a firm no., But running the ICE3 or London Underground train on Sandpatch.... No problem. Which isnt prototypical. I mean what gives?

Hentis

• Like Like x 1
  10. kylel098783

kylel098783 New Member

It really doesn't make any sense like come on

11. DTG Protagonist

If you listen to his response he explains why that is the case. We'll cover it again this time around so it's clearer, but in essence every consist placed with the Scenario Planner needs a start point and an end point (and they can't be the same place) so that the AI knows what it's supposed to do with the train.

• Like Like x 3
  12. irvinejamie13

irvinejamie13 New Member

How long will the route be?

13. platformhopper

platformhopper New Member

Will we finally be able to see the toilet inside the ICE 3 / 442?

• Like Like x 1
  14. docsnyder1911

docsnyder1911 Well-Known Member

Will there be a german diesel shunter at SFS Köln - Aachen. Or will we get it later in the not so far future. DB BR 204, 294 or Gravita would be great.

15. George1862

George1862 Active Member

Will there be two ice3m connected together

16. George1862

George1862 Active Member

What train is it in the trailer 18 seconds in

• Like Like x 2
  17. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

Highest thing on my list after the pain we have all been through. Thanks for flagging it up

• Like Like x 1
  18. Stockton Rails

Stockton Rails Well-Known Member

...I submitted the following questions in the last TSW 2 Q&A and never got any info on either of these. These questions are related to the performance of the new TSW 2 engine on the PS4 with *any* of the included routes, so these apply to the ICE route as well:

1) Will all of the routes operating under TSW 2 run at full 1920 x 1080 resolution on the PS4?
    2) What is the typical (not the max) frame rate we can expect to see in the new TSW 2 routes running on the PS4?

add’l questions:
    3) What is the typical completion time on some of the ICE scenarios, journeys, etc- given how fast this train can move from end-to-end in the route?
    4) Will we have any scenarios, journeys, etc in the ICE route making use of DPU/Helper Units?

19. docsnyder1911

docsnyder1911 Well-Known Member

It seems like DB BR 422.

20. grdaniel48

grdaniel48 Well-Known Member

I have these questions:

> There will be a double ICE 3 train?
    I mean 2 ICE running together as one train, as it happens on real world.
    Maybe not on this route as it is too short. Then not suitable for a larger capacity, and only one ICE 3 set it is enough there..

> What it is on the other side of the Koln HBF on this route?
    No image yet!
    This is very important because, there is a famous and beautiful big railroad bridge over the Rhine river!
    It would be nice and great if an ICE be parked somewhere on the other side of the bridge, you get in there, cross the bridge on the cab, and arrive to the magnificent station to allow passengers to be ... all aboard!. With the beautiful cathedral view behind!

bilder-verkehr-bruecken-hohenzollernbruecke_1024.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  21. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

Ah, but can the start and end points be very close together and does the train stay at it’s end point? So could you have an AI train going from Queens Park to Queens Park Sidings and it’ll stay there until the the Players train passes it?

22. Stockton Rails

Hi Sam- a couple of questions ref your post:

First, if we don’t have an option in the Scenario Planner (for whatever reason) to fill freight yards with misc rolling stock- will the yards in the normal scenarios/journeys/timetable runs at least have more rolling stock in them so that it looks that much more realistic (instead of looking so bare as they sometimes do in TSW 2020)? If not, why not?

And why is it that the Scenario Planner can’t handle static rolling stock? It would seem pretty basic that this planner could handle both moving and static traffic... is that just something not available now, but could be added later?

23. atevetrago

atevetrago New Member

Hi Sam, here goes my questions.

What's the number of trains that is going to be in the route?

What's the number of scenarios and journeys?

And is going to be in the route the BR 432?, because in the second 17 to the 18 it seems like it.

24. Plastic Pal

Plastic Pal Well-Known Member

I am not sure if this helps, but can you give them some more details and guidance/pointers.... along the lines of:

1. A trophy/achievement should be awarded at the moment that the criteria have been met for them to be awarded, and not several hours/days/weeks/months later when doing something not connected to the trophy.... or indeed... not at all......

2. If the UI is capable of stating that a number of "services" have been completed, and that number is greater than or equal to the number required in certain trophies, then there is no reason why the trophy should not be awarded, say, because unbeknownst to the user you started the service from the "wrong" part of the UI (say with the Class 31 trophies....). Why not use the same numerical data reported in the UI as a check (and/or re-check) for awarding the trophies...?

3. If the UI is capable of stating that a number of "miles/kms" have been completed, and that number is greater than or equal to the number required in certain trophies, then there is no reason why the trophy should not be awarded.... say, because unbeknownst to the user you started the service from the "wrong" part of the UI. Why not use the same numerical data reported in the UI as a check (and/or re-check) for awarding the trophies...?

4. If the UI is capable of indicating completion of a scenario or group of scenarios with a "tick" and/or "medal", and that number is greater than or equal to the number required in certain trophies, then there is no reason why the trophy should not be awarded.... Why not use the same logical data reported in the UI for scenario completion as a check (and/or re-check) for awarding the trophies...?

5. If the UI is capable of indicating completion of a "number of jobs", and that number is greater than or equal to the number required in certain trophies, then there is no reason why the trophy should not be awarded.... Why not use the same numerical data reported in the UI as a check (and/or re-check) for awarding the trophies...?

6. If any trophy/achievement relies on completion of a number of tasks/events that are not currently reported in the UI (such as use of SIFA, coupling and boarding events, etc.) and there is no particular reason why the number of such completed events should remain a mystery/surprise to the user....... then why not include it in the UI on a stats/progress page.... in fact.... why not include all of the trophy specific data on a stats page......? If a surprise or mystery is part of the fun... then make sure that the system works to deliver that fun, say through testing the trophies. A stats/progress page might also help the developers test their trophy/achievement code works.

Summary

I fully appreciate that the team at DTG are still in the "learning phase" when it comes to programming for trophies/achievements, how to count things, and understanding the importance of effective testing.... but if the developers are not yet comfortable with doing these things... then there is another answer -> do not include trophies/achievements at all, if it is inevitable that they will be broken because DTG hasn't yet "developed the tech" required to deliver trophies reliably.... or just limit it to one "welcome" trophy/achievement.

It's just an idea.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  25. DTG Protagonist

To set your expectations, you won't get answers in the next Q&A either as they're off-topic. We will be running another all-question Q&A before the game releases, save them for that one.

• Like Like x 1
  26. DTG Protagonist

Note - I now have more than enough questions for tomorrow's stream. Thank you to those who contributed. Some of them will be combined to cover detail in slightly less granular detail than you've asked, not to be evasive, but to try and give the most information that will be of interest to the widest audience.

If anything important (and on topic) is missed please ping me after the Q&A.

• Like Like x 2
  27. Amax

Amax Active Member

[QUOTE = "irvinejamie13, post: 151113, membre: 19546"] Quelle sera la longueur de l'itinéraire? [/ QUOTE]

28. Stockton Rails

OK, will save them for the all-question Q&A then... that’s not too far down the road. Thanks for responding to my note.

• Like Like x 1
  29. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

So surely then a tick box can be added for ai controlled / non ai controlled stock? With the appropriate programming to tell the ai its either his or to leave well alone?

Hentis

Last edited: Jul 16, 2020
    • Like Like x 1