Quick Drive Part Of Route And Standard Scenario Difference ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by VION, May 22, 2018.

1. VION

VION Active Member

Hi All,

Just a single question : choosing a quick drive scenario setting a run on a partial quick drive route (not the whole route) does it load in memory the whole route or only the needed tiles/objects/sceneries/textures starting from point A to point B which is the end. Obviously if I wish to drive the whole route, I suppose all the needed assets will be loaded in memory.
    In a standard scenario I suppose only the needed assets for the driven part of route are loaded and not all the assets for the whole route.

Could you please to give me some explanation about these two gameplay method related to the memory load.

Cheers
    Gerard

2. TrainSim-Steve

TrainSim-Steve Senior Producer Staff Member

Hi Gerard,

Usually only the tiles/objects/assets that are required to be rendered are loaded into memory. The remainder of the route is then 'streamed' in as you move along, with anything that falls out of the rendered area being unloaded from memory. This is true regardless of which type of option you choose whether free roam, standard, career or quick drive - there is no real difference to how these work from a graphic rendering perspective.

Hope this helps.

Best, Steve

3. VION

VION Active Member

Hi Dear Steve,

Thank you very much for these accuracies. This clarify my mind about the needed assets to be loaded in memory.

Totally perfect response. Thank you so much.

Cheers
    Gerard