Quick Drive - Setting Up Player Spawn Point?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ardaeshir, Feb 9, 2022.

1. Ardaeshir

Ardaeshir Well-Known Member

I have an issue recently.

Previously I was able to set up the player spawn point by picking it from the menu and the left clicking on the map:

[​IMG]

However, currently when I try to do it and left click on the map, the spawn point marker dissaprears and is not added to the map.

Did something change recently in the editor?

I tried to left click + tab to set it up on the tracks, but again same story - the marker disapeared and was not saved on the map.

EDIT:
    Nevermind, I figured out what was causing the issue. ;)

Last edited: Feb 9, 2022
  2. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

Care to share?

Just helps people if they search because of the same issue but saves them from being left hanging, the amount of times I've searched a problem and had pages of results only for them either to have no further replies or ended with "no matter, I figured it out" frustrating and time consuming.

3. Ardaeshir

Ardaeshir Well-Known Member

Sure.

While in the "scenario editor" I had everything set up correctly, it seems the last time I was in the "world/map editor" version I had selected something like: "random rotation of objects" when I was placing rocks and trees.

Apparently, TS2022 "remembered" that setting and when I was trying to place the spawn point marker in scenario editor, the editor kept "randomly rotating" the marker instead of placing it.

So to solve a problem in scenario editor, I had to exit the scenario editor, then go to world/map editor and change settings there.

That's where my initial confusion came from, because I was not aware that world editor tool settings can impact what happens only in scenario editor.

Hope I decribed that in as least confusing way possible.

• Like Like x 1
  4. hayward.john48

hayward.john48 Well-Known Member

The same thing happens if you are trying to place a track marker. Safest is always unclick the auto rotation tool after use.

5. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

Now that's something (ok one of many things) I didn't know, I'm glad I asked now.. :)