Quick Play

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by johnbirch#4603, Sep 4, 2022.

Tags:
  1. johnbirch#4603

johnbirch#4603 Active Member

A couple of thoughts on Quick Play...
    • It's a great idea. Seriously. I've got a given amount of time, and not that bothered what I drive. Let's throw the dice!
    • But it is a very blunt instrument at the moment as it stands.
    So a couple of suggestions:
    • First - I should not given a train to drive that I have not trained on or driven before. Simply not selecting any train for me where I am (say) Level 5 or less should do it.
    • Second - an opt out for certain routes. Maybe something in settings (so the concept behind Quick Play is maintained).

• Like Like x 5
  2. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

I personally would like to see training routes removed from this, a route filter perhaps so I can avoid SOS and 15 and 45 min option too along with maybe 60 and 90min

• Like Like x 2
  3. johnbirch#4603

johnbirch#4603 Active Member

I agree - it is annoying - but simply not giving you a train you have not driven before (as I suggest) would presumably sort this

Also if you have done the training, the way Quick Play works, it should not select it as it should not select scenarios you have already played.

4. swift19

swift19 Active Member

I like the Quick Play although last night I chose a 30 minute or shorter trip and it gave me a freight run on the Kassel route which took nearly an hour, and I wasn't going slow.
    The other times I've used it, it has worked correctly.

5. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

Cool idea, but I hope we get some more filters!
    Keep the current layout, but add a small “Press button/key for more options.” to the bottom. Allow users to select the country/continent, service type (passenger/freight) and exclude stuff like tutorials. Should keep things fresh while allowing players to narrow the options down a bit more compared to the current version.

I’m personally not using the feature right now because it doesn’t allow me to exclude freight services. I’m simply more of a passenger train enjoyer and generally don’t mess around with the freight stuff apart from tutorials and scenarios.

6. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

I think we wanted to keep it pretty basic to start with to see how you all engaged with it.

Whilst, as with everything, there's nothing 'on the Roadmap' to change things (get those bingo dabbers out!), it may be something we add to in future.

• Like Like x 2
  7. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Selecting under 30 minutes seems to chuck you in the Training Centre.

Which is fair enough but I wonder if the two modules I just did (ICE1 and 185 introductions) will then tick off on Journey Mode or will I have to do them again?

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  8. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

That's a useful point and a tsw2 bug bear of mine in that running a service in timetable didnt tick it off in the journey mode.

• Like Like x 1
  9. March Hare

March Hare Well-Known Member

Not in my experience: I tried quick play and it gave me a Spirit of Steam scenario/service, which I haven't played yet, and it wasn't a tutorial scenario so I quit out.

DTG JD – I'm sure Sam said that when you use quick play, it will always put you in a tutorial first, which I thought was a great idea if you've never used a loco before. But that doesn't seem to be the case.

• Like Like x 1
  10. OldVern

I must have been unlucky then. I guess once we get our pool of routes from TSW2, the scope for the lucky dip expands substantially.

11. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Just want to add my voice to the chorus asking that QP include random timetable services, not just scenarios.

• Like Like x 2
  12. OldVern

And if the run is a timetabled one in Journey, it should get ticked off.

• Like Like x 2