Radio Chatter For Sherman Hill

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Krazy, Nov 16, 2021.

1. Krazy

Krazy Well-Known Member

This is a mini suggestion that I think would be nice to have. Currently, the Sand Patch Grade is the only route to feature radio chatter when in the train. That was a nice feature that hasn’t seemed to come back. So perhaps we can get some in Sherman Hill? Would make it feel just a bit more real when driving the SD70ACe or SD40-2.

Perhaps the chatter could be added onto other routes as well, such as Horseshoe Curve, Oakville Subdivision, and whatever other routes have trains appropriate for having radio chatter. I’m not fully sure if passenger trains use similar radios.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

The only problem with radio chatter, is that unless you have about 200 clips to randomise it gets tedious. Run 8's, Brian are you out there", or "2 sixty nine what can I do for you", are forever ingrained in my subconscious.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

Foreman Dan Hernandez 2

• Like Like x 1
  4. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

Ah, yes!

Ooooh! Foreman Matt Peddlesden!

5. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

In Run 8, one of the despatchers sounded like Slim Pickens, of old Western movie fame… “Mojave Sub Despatcher…”
    Then “Coming into Barstow now”, seemed to repeat quite a lot along with the grizzled old engineer having trouble with his loco, “Won’t crank.”

6. Mich

Mich Well-Known Member

Alternatively you could use text to speech software, that would be fine for background chatter, and you could do way more clips than needing to hire someone.