Rail Fares Too High?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by capncol, Jan 15, 2019.

1. capncol

capncol Member

Why can I never seem to get any passengers to populate my carriages? When creating a scenario I always use the passenger icon and when I stop at the platforms the doors do always open. I am sure that I am doing something wrong but for the life of cannot figure it out.
    I have also tried highlighting each coach in the editor then clicking on the load button (well the square symbol) but this never works either.

I don't think its my bad driving or time keeping, perhaps the fare is too high?

Can anyone give me any pointers?

Colin

2. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

It will depend on the type of coaches you are using as they come either with passengers inside or not.
    That way, if you use the correct coaches, you don't have trains in sidings which have passengers in them

The loading and unloading has no effect on the amount of passengers in the coach.
    It just has the visual effect of doors opening and the station passengers moving around

Peter

3. capncol

capncol Member

Thanks for the reply Peter. Having looked at the stock I use that sounds about right. I pretty much only use the AP coaches now so will drop them a line when I get round to it.

Colin

4. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

AP Stock does not have Passengers in the Coaches or EMUs - one of their faults
    The Older AP Stock - Ex Digital Traction does have Passengers

Peter

5. Medellinexpat

Medellinexpat Well-Known Member

Another issue with some of the AP stock is no rain effect on the carriage windows. However with AP the benefits outweigh the negatives. I’ve always presumed (perhaps incorrectly) that they’ve omitted some features when adding others to keep the FPS impact minimal.

6. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

A chap on UKTS who was one of the builders of the AP stock replied to a Question I had asked about the lack of passengers

"To answer your question (as the modeler of the 319/205/Mk2): Passenger models that look 'normal' are quite expensive to render due to their high vertex count and vertex density when rendered from normal views, making passenger nodes heavily transform-bound at render time. Simply put, during tests there was a noticeable performance drop when passenger models were added, especially in busy scenarios."

• Helpful Helpful x 2
    • Like Like x 1