Raildriver Controller Detection - Work Around For External Hardware Support?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by LightningPORTO, Jan 18, 2021.

1. LightningPORTO

LightningPORTO Member

Hello all,

I'm an electronic engineer who is passionate about trains. I was one of the guys who was ( and still am ) anxious for the external hardware integration on TSW2.

For now, as you know, it isn't done yet, and so I am trying to trick the system into thinking I have a rail driver plugged in.
    Not to give too much detail, I'm using an Arduino Leonardo with the joystick emulation, so I can map every channel and button as I desire, so I could make my own Raildriver...

The trick is getting TSW2 to recognize my device.

Does anyone know how DTG detects you have the Raildriver in?
    Can anyone tell me his/her rail driver USB HID?

If we wait for DTG's implementation we better be sitting down, as I'm tired of waiting I'm going to work on this. If I succeed I will share this and make an extensive tutorial on how to do this, so everyone can enjoy it as much as I do.

PS: If matt gets his attention on this, I know he shall be interested.

• Like Like x 2
  2. DTG Matt

DTG Matt Executive Producer Staff Member

We're interfacing directly with the PIE HID driver - which I believe you can download from the raildriver.com site, grab that and put your own shim on the other end perhaps to emulate the hardware? (I mean that is the hard way of doing things but... it might be an option if you want to explore it :) )

• Like Like x 2
  3. davidh0501

davidh0501 Well-Known Member

Good luck with your project.
    Having played with Thrustmaster kit for years I’m finding the raildriver throttle annoying in it’s crudity.
    Could be of course I’ve just got a rogue bit of kit :(

4. LightningPORTO

LightningPORTO Member

Thanks for the reply, Matt. I've already searched for it and it does look harder than I thought. I was looking for something simpler and easier to make a tutorial on how to do it DIY for anyone.

I guess we will have to wait for further implementation on DTG's part. I'm just hoping it doesn't take too long.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Michael Huggins

Michael Huggins New Member

I've just got my custom DLL working which you might be interested in. I have been testing it out with an Arduino Leonardo and all the analog inputs seem to be working well. I don't really have any levers or anything setup so just using a few pots for testing.

Files are on my GitHub https://github.com/skaako/raildriver

Let me know if you find it interesting..

• Helpful Helpful x 2
    • Like Like x 1