Raildriver Throttle Improvement

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Nightraven, Aug 11, 2021.

1. Nightraven

Nightraven New Member

The way the throttle on the RD is setup now works quite fine for any locomotive with 8 notches of power. But on any analog throttle handle it feels a bit imprecise as it basically jumps from around 10% in first "notch" to around 30% in second and then around 50% in third and so forth. Worse when going down again as it might suddenly jump from 20% to the off position. It does not leave a lot of room for accuracy, especially considering what the RailDriver is actually capable of. I made a recording of how the throttle handle on the DB 182 in TSW compares to Virtual Railroads DB 189 in TS and you can clearly see the difference.

I do feel there is some room for improvement in how the throttle is handled in TSW.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
  2. bartolomaeusz

bartolomaeusz Well-Known Member

RailDriver is GREAT except for the throttle slippage. It is most notable to me on the Javelin and the 182.

• Like Like x 2
  3. paul.pavlinovich

paul.pavlinovich Well-Known Member

Agreed Nightraven - I've found the same, I feel there have been improvements since the beta started and the most recent notched locomotives are pretty good, but yes there are still challenges. Its similar on Arosa with the Fahren / Bremsen wheel its hard to hit the 0.3 and 0.5 marks, I usually rough adjust with RD then resort to the mouse if I want to do anything finer which is a bit of an immersion breaker.

• Like Like x 3