Raildriver?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by robertjleach, Jun 6, 2020.

1. robertjleach

robertjleach New Member

Hi all,

I have TS2020 on Steam and am interested in purchasing Raildriver to enhance it. From the website http://raildriver.com/products/raildriver.php it says it is compatiable with TS2020, but I have read (perhaps misread) posts on this forum saying it is not compatiable, or only works with third party software and some configuration.

Could someone please clarify the situation before I waste my money?

Many thanks

2. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

It is not an out of the box and works with everything without some tweaking
    The Raildriver was designed for US trains that have a separate throttle/power handle and brake handles.
    A lot of newer UK trains just have a single handle for both functions so the controller has to be re mapped

It is worth spending time reading other posts on peoples views and experience
    At the top of this page under your name there is a search box

Peter

3. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

The raildriver I have has a throttle / dynamic brake handle that does both functions, as well as train and consist brake levers
    The main issue I have with the RD and some consists is things like tap changer (class 86, 87), braking where you have to increase and decrease rather than set a level (such as class 66, 101 etc) but these can all be done by changing the preset keys under the levers
    The second is there's no "off" on the reverser so you need to fiddle about when you drive a unit or loco that has this

Yes, AP says it doesn't work, but that means they don't support it rather than it doesn't work in any way, because it does if you're willing to put the time in