Rapid Transit: Door Won't Close

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by thearkerportian, Nov 10, 2019.

1. thearkerportian

thearkerportian Well-Known Member

Not sure if this has been reported already, but:

I just hit the button to close the doors a split second too early, before the passenger exchange was completed. Opened them again, closed them again after another split second... except they didn't close. Tried to "open" them again again and close them again, didn't work. Tried to closed them via Tab key... nope, claims they were closed.

Tried to reproduce in a new game, opening and closing doors in rapid succession - works flawless. Perhaps the interrupted boarding is the cause?

2. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

I think I did that once and got stuck at the station with doors open. Just had to quit in the end. Now I try not to be so hasty getting ready to shut the doors when the yellow circle gets all the way round, just in case the message is a "Wait untill..." and I've already hit close!

3. ales.hnyk

ales.hnyk Member

the same thing happened to me today. worker Ai then left with the door open.

4. thearkerportian

Yep. And then couldn't open the door at the next station because they were already open. Only, nobody can board before you "open" the doors.

5. Mr T

Mr T Well-Known Member

This happened to me the other day with the M7 on the Long Island Railroad. The only way I could get the train to move was to manually close every door by clicking on it, as using the lock and unlock buttons made no difference. Once all the doors were manually closed it was fine, although it did take a little while. I'm not sure what caused it to happen in my case.

6. Mr T

Mr T Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 2
  7. thearkerportian

8. hyperlord

hyperlord Well-Known Member

9. LWDAdnane

LWDAdnane Well-Known Member

Literally 4 years later this problem persists. Suffered from it today, and had to quit a run I was an hour into already, what a glorious waste of time. This route also has the "signal red until your doors are closed", meaning when running with PZB, you're constantly dealing with speed restrictions, making you late at every stop. Can't believe this is still a thing.