PC Rapid Transit - Where's The Rest Of The Stock?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Coppo, May 14, 2018.

1. Coppo

Coppo Well-Known Member

OK, so it's coming up to 6 months after the launch of this extension and yet there is no news on the 186 (in development but having PZB issues) and double deck coaches? ..and what about a diesel loco and wagons for freight services?

The German railway fans are being seriously let down on this route, it has great potential if they complete Leipzig station and move the "out of bounds" barriers to allow us to use the sidings, etc.

Can we have a status update please DTG?

• Like Like x 7
  2. Corvan

Corvan Well-Known Member

Where did you hear about a 186 being in development? I've never seen anything on Dovetail Live or these forums, from DTG, about it.

Last edited: May 14, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Coppo

Coppo Well-Known Member

I heard it at a model railway show that DTG were attending. I think it might have been Alexandra Palace.

4. ProfCreeptonius

ProfCreeptonius Well-Known Member

Hello there Coppo and everyone!
    As far as I know, DTG are currently focusing on fixing the existent PZB bugs on the Bombardier 1442 Talent. I myself together with a few other community members have been working on bug reports on that topic. We also urged various developers to get the PZB down correctly.
    So, the most likely situation is, if DTG is taking my very detailed work on PZB seriously, that they are indeed trying to get it fixed.
    I presume we would get the train you speak of at the same time as or after PZB bug fixes.
    Anyone, correct me if I'm wrong please.

Cheers,
    ProfCreeptonius

• Like Like x 5
  5. 85Leaf

85Leaf Active Member

I'd also like to see some additional locomotive and rolling stock mentioned by the OP. The Leipzig module has quickly become my favorite with the most driving hours of all the sets despite the problems with the PzB system (I just drive with it off). Safety systems have seldom been DTG's strong point- at least in my experiences in RW/TS20XX- so the ability to disengage it in TSW, while certainly not prototypical/ethical, it allows me to enjoy driving as I'd rather have a correct system than a broken one.

Since I'm rather new here I also want to thank ProfCreeptonius for the Signalling guide-- very helpful indeed. Thank you!

• Like Like x 1
  6. ProfCreeptonius

Thank you 85Leaf! I really appreciate it :)
    And welcome to the forums!

• Like Like x 1
  7. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

I'm completely in favor of adding freight (wagons & scenarios/sessions, especially shunting) to this DLC (Up-voted the OP, but wanted to add a bit of oomph as well).

• Like Like x 4
  8. NorthRail1

NorthRail1 Well-Known Member

It seems as if previous dlc are abandoned content-wise. No route other than CSX has had a loco dlc yet. DTG needs to announce something soon especially for Rapid Transit. RT was released with very little content 6 months ago and there has been no apparent effort to improve the situation since.

EDIT:
    To further this post, here is a list of what needs to be added to Rapid Transit:
    Rapid Transit:
    • DB BR 182
    • DB BR 143
    • Double Deck Passenger Coaches
    These three are needed for variety on the Rapid Transit route. It's too plain and boring just having the DB BR 1442 operating along the route.
    • Freight e.g. 145/152/189
    DTG managed freight in all the other routes, so why not this one? There are plenty of freight options along this route including the freight yard at Leipzig Messe.
    • ICE-T
    To add some variety in type of service, adding the InterCity Express would be a good idea. The ICE-T operates along the entire route including the Leipzig City Tunnel.
    • More Services
    I'm not sure what DTG was thinking with this one. Take a busy commuter route with many S-Bahn services, then create service mode, 'a day in the life' of the railway with only one service, the S2. As detailed in the post below, there are many more services on this route which should be added.
    https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/more-rapid-transit-services.3471/

Last edited: May 17, 2018
    • Like Like x 14
  9. keksman

keksman Well-Known Member

The biggest issue I personally have with RT is that it just feels like a dead route. 3-4 passengers at every station who dont even enter the train, very few ai trains, no ambient sounds at all... I thought the leipzig route is a unpopular route irl for so long because of that

• Like Like x 3
  10. 85Leaf

85Leaf Active Member

I agree that the sounds are a bit light in RT, super quiet on my speakers but relatively ok if I have my headphones jammed on (increasing volume control not needed) which I also find for NEC. The station ambience is also quiet, although there are sounds present when I'm on foot, including the station announcer (at least I'm assuming thats what that voice is lol). I see varying amounts of AI traffic depending on which service I'm running. I've had to watch cautions a couple of times, assuming the signal block in front of me is occupied. I quite like RT actually and by now have the most hours played in it. Sure I would like to see improvements made-- especially to those AI humans that keep trudging in front of my traction at those cross-walks lol

11. Daniel Bloch

Daniel Bloch Well-Known Member

This route really needs fast some more DLC. A freight train and another passenger train. I like the route but it feels so dead without any other trains there.

• Like Like x 9
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  12. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

RT is boring .... in this way. No shunting, no yards, no variety.

• Like Like x 2
  13. ProfCreeptonius

I know this is becoming a laugh in the meantime
    But... ye know... we really need the signalling system fixed...

Prof

• Like Like x 3