Rapid Transit

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by mlouie100, May 15, 2020.

1. mlouie100

mlouie100 Well-Known Member

In a future game update for the Rapid Transit DLC is that they should add road traffic and the ability to program the Destination display on the Bombardier Talent 2 train set.

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

I agree, Rapid Transit needs more care! Compared to other German routes like RSN or MSB, RT is just for passenger traffic. Some freight trains and cars on the streets would make it more alive. I know this route personally, because it's close to the area where I grew up. In Dessau Süd is on of the biggest vehicle maintenance plants for electric locomotives in Germany.

Some photos of freight trains in Dessau Hbf, made by me while I was waiting for the RE7 to Berlin. :)

DTG Forum.jpg

Last edited: May 16, 2020
    • Like Like x 5
  3. docsnyder1911

docsnyder1911 Well-Known Member

Very good idea. It would be so nice to bring the locos to the DB maintenance point in Dessau and get them back after the maintenance service.

Freight trains would be a very good addition to RT too. Do you know how far they go in the Leipzig direction in real. Is it Leipzig Rackwitz or go they more near to Leipzig mainstation?

• Like Like x 5
  4. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

Freight trains could go until Leipzig-Mockau. It's behind the S-Bahn station "Leipzig-Messe" and before "Leipzig-Nord". Then they turn left and drive around Leipzig Hbf. So as a train driver you have to leave the freight train at a red signal like on other routes too. The same applies to the other direction, you start shortly before Leipzig-Messe and get out at the red signal just behind Dessau Hbf.

Last edited: May 17, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
  5. docsnyder1911

docsnyder1911 Well-Known Member

Thank you for your answer. That means we would hade a route length for freight trains of around 52 km. That sounds very nice. Perhaps we will get freight services for RT somedays. And the introduction of the 204 would be also great, because RT has some yard areas.

I know for freight DTG has to build new freight layers in RT. That means a lot of work and that will not be for free.

That's why if DTG would bring that out as a service pack, I would definitely buy it.

• Like Like x 4
  6. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

Sounds promising, if there are newly made freight layers. I think the whole route also needs to be upgraded. Some textures and the details along the route didn't match the current state of the latest DTG routes. Also some level crossings must be improved. Last year DTG already revised the signal system. Hopefully it was the first step in the right direction. ;)

Last edited: May 18, 2020
    • Like Like x 3