Rbmn Mainline: Reading - Lehighton, Norfolk Southern: Lehighton - Reading Part 1

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by finntd#7891, Jun 14, 2021.

1. finntd#7891

finntd#7891 Well-Known Member

This is Part 1 to this Suggestion I cannot add more then 5 images but more then 5 images are necessary so I split them up into 2 part.

This Route is a Big Circle route with both RBMN Action on the West side of the Route, and Norfolk Southern Action of the East side of the route.

Part 1: RBMN Side:
    The Reading Blue Mountain and Northern has the Longest Winded name of any railroad I have heard of. The section I have selected goes along the main line between Reading, Passing through their Headquarters at Port Clinton, and onto Jim Thorp where it connects to the Lehigh Gorge Scenic Railway, and Finally comes to a stop at Lehighton where it connects with Norfolk Southern on there Lehigh Line.
    Cropped RBMN System map from there official Website. RBMN in Green, NS in Black:
    RBMN Cropped System Map.png

Services:
    The RBMN runs Primarily Freight Services mostly coal But has a Fast Freight service I cant find anything about but it goes north of reading and its fast, along with that they have Weekly RDC Services running every Saturday and Sunday between Reading Outer station and Jim Thorp and Back with a stop at Port Clinton and Tamaqua, And with that they Also have Seasonal Services, In Summer during Summerfest in Tamaqua the RBMN using the 425 in special trains going between Tamaqua and Hometown high Bridge and Back with the 1pm train going to New Ringgold and back.

Locos:
    EMD SD40-2:
    yea yea "sD40-2 wE hAve SEEn iT AlrEAdy" I know but the RBMN's Roster comprises mostly of SD40-2s Locomotive Roster — Reading Blue Mountain & Northern Railroad (rbmnrr.com).
    These SD40-2s Primarily haul Freight but sometimes haul a few Passenger Excursions as well as assisting them.
    RBMN SD40-2.jpg

EMD SW8:
    These dinky little Switchers are commonly used on light Freight and Switching duties on the RBMN,
    I would like to see more American switchers and the reading has some so its a great opportunity to have another one.
    RBMN SW8.jpg

Rolling stock:

Freight:
    Most of them can come from the NS Side
    RBMN Hoppers:
    I Dont really know what these types of hoppers are called perhaps just 4 bay hoppers but being that the RBMN Commonly hauls coal trains we need a coal hopper to do the job and this is the best candidate for that job.
    RBMN Hoppers.jpg

Along with the Hoppers they own a fleet of Boxcars:
    which I Take is for hauling other items that dont need a hopper like Vehicle parts, foods, mail, Jimmy Hoffa the like.
    RBMN Boxcar.jpg

Passenger:

RBMN Standard coach:
    Dating back to the 1910s these coaches are common among the RBMN's passenger excursions along with there blue variant can be used with the SD40-2 for well passenger excursions.
    i cant put another image sorry :p

DLC:
    Potential dlc for this side of the Route is
    Budd RDC:
    America's Classic DMU the Budd RDCs on the RBMN run Saturday/Sunday runs between Reading and Jim Thorp and back with a stop at Port Clinton and Tamaqua best to add some more Services for these though, these will make a fine addition to the little selection of DMUs available in TSW2

A Heritage Pack:
    When steam comes around we can have a pack with the RBMN 425, RBMN F9A/F7B, And there fleet of other heritage coaches for Heritage excursion services out of Jim Thorp. This may also be combines with the Budd RDC.

Thats the end of this side make sure to go to Part 2 for the NS Side Rbmn Mainline: Reading - Lehighton, Norfolk Southern: Lehighton - Reading Part 2 | Dovetail Games Forums

Last edited: Jun 14, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  2. csxfan#8403

csxfan#8403 Active Member

We can also use the SD50s for this route. But so far I like what I see