Rcl Yard Units Request

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by NSMotherSlug#881, Jan 29, 2018.

1. NSMotherSlug#881

NSMotherSlug#881 Active Member

RCL "Remote Controlled Locomotive" Unit's would make Yard Switching so much easier and better knowing us players have the freedom to walk around unlike other railroad games.Yes you can cheat it right now ingame by using the free move camera mode but its not the same thing.it can be controlled up to a mile away from the tower system in a yard,which would make it noob proof lol from players Not being able to take it out onto the mainline for a stroll.i think it would work really good if it was a SLUG Unit only because a yard Slug Mated with the Mother Unit top speed is 15mph but has the power to move a lot of cars in the yard

• Like Like x 1
  2. PlatChap

PlatChap Well-Known Member

Eh, I'm very lukewarm on this. Seeing as, at least for myself, the whole fantasy of this game is to get into the cab and drive the train.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2018
  3. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

I think this could be a good idea to incorporate into the game. Not sure on how they could make this work, as the player in free roam you would need to be holding a remote control box to operate the train. It would make uncoupling cars easier as you not have to get of seat every time.

4. NSMotherSlug#881

NSMotherSlug#881 Active Member

I disagree the whole fantasy of this game is to immerse yourself into the life of being a railroader from all walks of the railroad. Giving us the players the will to walk around changes how the game play's.Not just by being an Engineer but a Conductor,Brakeman ect.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  5. PlatChap

A fair point sir!

6. pschlik

pschlik Well-Known Member

I completely agree on the whole remote control locomotive idea. That's the kind of thing where I would laugh it off in any other simulator. Because what's the point of a remote control locomotive in TS2018, where you are attached to your locomotive? But in TSW with all the walking around you can do, remote control locomotives simply make sense, and we could even feel the benefits of real life. Like being able to mess with couplings and switches while the train is moving (without cheating in the #8 cam). Remote control locomotives just follow naturally from the whole concept of walking around as train crew.

• Like Like x 4
  7. PlatChap

I concede. I see validity in the points mentioned here from the well articulated argument made for it. I'm on board for something like this to be implemented in the way described.