Reading To Oxford & Swindon

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Mikey_9835, Oct 27, 2020.

1. Mikey_9835

Mikey_9835 Well-Known Member

So the idea for this route is somewhat similar to ECW which includes the Seaford branch as well as the mainline to Eastbourne. I think it would provide interesting gameplay and exploration and could potentially work as an extension to GWE in the future.

So from Reading you could start a service to Swindon or Oxford via Didcot Parkway. If you started a service from Oxford you could get to Didcot, change trains and head to Swindon, I think their are a lot of interesting and unique gameplay possibilities here. Plus we already have a couple of locomotives that are suitable for the route.

The Route Map

Reading to Oxford (26.6 Miles)
    Reading to Swindon (36 miles)

On this Route their are 11 Stations operated by GWR:

Reading
    Tilehurst
    Pangbourne
    Goring & Streatley
    Cholsey
    Didcot Parkway
    Appleford
    Culham
    Radley
    Oxford
    and Swindon

The Trains included

Class 165/6 (Commuter)

Class 800 (High Speed)

Class 66 (for freight)

Class 220 (for a potential expansion)

If I have made any mistakes feel free to correct me and I will edit the post.

Let me know what you think!

• Like Like x 2
  2. muham.a.423

muham.a.423 Active Member

This is a wonderful idea! Once they finish adding the preserved collections, I really wanna see some good quality extensions to GWR and East Coatway(they are pretty much my favs), and maybe DTG could connect them somehow to create more services for UK routes(like different trains on one route if you own it) just like they did for HMA. This could really help the community not get bored from existing routes.

3. elarthur

elarthur Well-Known Member

Great idea. If they created the North Downs Line from Reading to Redhill as well as the Brighton Mainline from London Victoria to Brighton then we would have a super connected route system finally linking GWE and ECW with all the potential it brings.

• Like Like x 2