Real Weather And Time

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by zippybgaming, Aug 21, 2021.

1. zippybgaming

zippybgaming New Member

i would like to see real weather and real time

• Like Like x 16
  2. JellyScrub

JellyScrub Active Member

Could you elaborate? Like you would like to see live weather similar to Microsoft Flight Simulator?

3. Tay95

Tay95 Well-Known Member

Would be great to have a live weather option however it's not hard to set the real time and weather in the menu

4. AbstractArtist4081

AbstractArtist4081 Member

I would also love to see the physics with the weather like in Microsoft Train Simulator that game still rocks for me. Graphics aside.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ant Craft

Ant Craft Well-Known Member

Well firstly, they'd have to expand their dynamic weather system to be not as scripted as it currently is. And then they'd need to source the weather data from a provider and have TSW read, recognise and apply the right weather. It's shouldn't be too hard to technically, it'd just be more so improving what they already have and having a system that downloads and decodes the weather.

Real time would be much easier to do, as they'd just need to get the system time, which we know it already does since it sets the time to the current time in the weather and in the walking on foot screen in the menu (although at 5 min intervals). I think what'd have to be figured out in this aspect is how does it work with services, since they obviously leave at certain times. Therefore, I think if the service start time is close enough to your current time, then it should give you the option to spawn in early and wait for it to start, so long as the train is at the start station in timetable at your current time. Then there's the case of what happens if you pause the game? Does it still run in the background, does it pause and then break the real time, or does it pause but skip time ahead to the live time when you un-pause the game. There's also the matter of fact of time zones. Should the time always be your the live time of your time, or should time zones apply and it's the live time where the route is based.

I love this idea, and actually think there is more challenges in implementing live time than live weather because of the points I stated, but I definitely think we need an improvement to the dynamic weather system first before any live weather systems are added.