Real World Driver Tutorials/informations/videos

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Cramnor, Jan 22, 2021.

1. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

I was running one of the tutorials today and got a bit "annoyed" by the instructions telling me 20 km away from the station (exaggerating here) to start braking. I don't believe this is how it would work in real life, that way real trains would be late at every station. Thinking about braking behavior a bit, it is really hard for us sim drivers to judge how hard or soft we are accelerating or decelerating - after all, we have no motion cues, so how could we judge?
    And then I was remembering DTG saying that they have real world drivers that support them in the development. And I think it would be amazing if there could be one ride recorded that one of these drivers does in TSW for each route/loco - they don't even need to show themselves or comment anything, but just seeing how they drive (presumably close to how they would in reality) would allow us to learn a lot. How far away from a station do they start braking, how hard do they brake, and so on and so forth. This is unfortunately something you can also only rarely see from cab ride videos, but creating those videos in TSW would be an amazing opportunity for us to learn from!
    Now that DTG is starting to create these tutorial videos explaining the functionalities of the trains, I believe that would be a great addition to this, so we could get more proficient in driving (only if we want, of course :) ).

• Like Like x 1