PlayStation Red Light Gwe Timetable 2r05 Class 166

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by bobbsi1, Dec 4, 2021.

1. bobbsi1

bobbsi1 Member

Just wanted you to know, if not already known (I just found sound bug reportings to this timetable).

It's on timetable 2R05 at 3:34 London to Reading, about 950 yds from the last stop (Reading), red light appears and does not change. I can see that there is a green light after that at the station on my route, so this red light pretty surly is a bug.

I've waited 5 minutes after my supposed arrival time, but nothing changed, so yeah, 45 min. drive to frustration...

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. phillip.good

phillip.good Well-Known Member

I have also come across this but unfortunately it’s not an isolated issue. Red lights on GWE, WSR, SPG, HLK, Boston and others are killing the game at the mo with little recognition of the issue and continued reporting it seems

3. bobbsi1

bobbsi1 Member

I just keep reporting the single ones I happen to experience.
    If DTG doesn't know, they can't fix it, I don't know if this is an individual route-specific issue or something in general, because it doesn't happen on every service.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. dosto762

dosto762 Well-Known Member

Mabye it's a turtle driving a Class 66 from Reading West, but jokes aside DTG always ignores signal issues, it's happened on many routes previously and still not a fix in sight!

5. bobbsi1

bobbsi1 Member

I chilled out a lot about this kind of issues, because even if I totally rage in a forum or e-mail, it doesn't change anything, constructive critic is most valuable, and with DTC I think we don't have a "sloppy developer" like some others, who totally ignore their community (like some developers for a publisher with an E and an A for example...).

And if it really kills my fun in some way, I stop playing the game for a short while and give it some time, wait for a patch or something like that. I deal with games like that for years now, because this is what it sadly has become for all games in all genres. Therefore I bought my last game as pre-order about 8 years ago, since then I will never do it again (not because of any DTC game btw). I'm from an era, where patches for games weren't even invented and games were released nearly without major bugs. But I understand too, that games nowadays are way more complex than "in the good old times", but that's the "costs" of technological advancement. I'm willing to pay a little bit of time and patience for beautiful graphics and things earlier weren't even possible (like turnable knobs ;) ).

Also everything is under way more time-pressure nowadays, if you don't release at that and that date, your shareholders will be mad and do something that hurts your stock or bankaccount, just because money. Also the communities became more impatient, I noticed that a while ago, but that's just a personal feeling, I could be wrong and forums (not perticularly this one), always were bad with that kind of topic.
    Sad story, but hey, that's how it is today (and in some parts always were), and maybe tomorrow and for the next few years, but change can always happen, in all unimaginable directions.

• Like Like x 1
  6. dosto762

dosto762 Well-Known Member

Yes, game developers are put under a lot of pressure from a lot of people, but that's how it is, if you promise something, people expect it soon.

• Like Like x 1