PC Remarkable

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Louwe, Sep 11, 2019.

1. Louwe

Louwe Member

It strikes me that very few new topics are added, or answers to the existing ones, this can of course mean that things are going in the right direction with the new updates such as TSW 2020, but that does not seem to me the case. Experience shows that these types of forums are bleeding to death. That would be a shame.

2. hightower

hightower Guest

I think people are sick of making the same points, or giving the same feedback, over and over again when nothing really changes.

I know I am.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2019
    • Like Like x 6
  3. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

People seem to think that this forum is a direct line to DTG and that things posted here should be fed back immediately to the development team etc

It kind of is, but mainly it's a discussion forum

• Like Like x 3
  4. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

Yes, of course it's a discussion forum, but a variety of DTG developers and experts post here and respond to posts on a regular basis as well.

• Like Like x 1
  5. cActUsjUiCe

cActUsjUiCe Developer

It's up to the community to spark discussions here, not the devs. Frequency of discussions seems to slow down at the midpoint between DLC announcements/releases. Once the editor comes out and lots of different content will be in development by various people, I can imagine that the forums will be quite busy.

• Like Like x 3
  6. ARuscoe

Probably trying to find which ten websites have the requirements for that one route...

• Like Like x 2
  7. synthetic.angel

synthetic.angel Well-Known Member

Yep - that describes me - guilty as charged!

But then again, the Support Team specifically asked me to use the Forums, with respect to bug reports, etc. So I did. And I do. And I don't use the Support Team anymore because they don't provide much help. And I know that the Devs read these Forums (but maybe they don't get to see stuff that gets reported directly - which would explain why some stuff never gets fixed...!).

I do pick up lots of friendly help and advice in the Forums, for which I am thankful. And, as I learn, I try to help others. There are a lot of very interesting people here, that know their stuff...!

The worst case for DTG would be for these Forums to die, and for other Forums, out of their control, to take the traffic. So, if they want to keep this place alive, they really should get more involved in the discussion.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2019
  8. ARuscoe

This place isn't in their control. They can only close or kill posts

I presume the "Support team" (intentional quotations) passed you here to ask the community and get you off their backs
    Mostly the support team seem to be GPU driver update advisors

9. Cael

Cael Well-Known Member

cActUsjUiCe makes a really great point here. We have nothing new to talk about right now, not even a hint from DTG. All we can do is speculate at this point.
    What new route is coming? "Umm...errr....German...?"
    What new train is coming? "Umm...errr...diesel...?"

People are just waiting for something to talk about.

• Like Like x 2
  10. hyperlord

hyperlord Well-Known Member

I received very helpful answers to all my questions right here, and with growing knowledge I try to help others, mostly newcomers like me :)
    I learn A LOT, too, by just reading ... so I keep coming back almost daily

• Like Like x 2
  11. ARuscoe

This is true of the people who only care about new and what's coming next... That's not all of us