Gameplay Remaster For Birmingham Cross City

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Folup1372#8582, Jul 26, 2024.

1. Folup1372#8582

Folup1372#8582 Well-Known Member

Ok, so You guys at Dovetail can remaster Cathcart Circle Line & West Somerset Railway right? Please I Would like you to do the same with Birmingham cross city.
    Now, I am Being Direct with you guys because You have left put some routes that has genuine potential to be one of the greatest, and one of them is Birmingham cross city, Now Let me elaborate:
    Birmingham Cross City needs:
    • TOD4 Upgrade
    • Update Route Scenery
    • Update the Class 323 with Improved TPWS, Braking Function & Power Handle Sensitvity
    • Update all stations with new lighting, passenger spawn locations & Design, For example, at 5 Ways The Lift at Platform 2 at Ground Level Doesn't even have have DOORS! I mean that's so embarrassing,
    • Update The Lifts at all stations to make the functional just like the Edinburgh-Glasgow
    • Class 730 as a Add-on Layer for Birmingham Cross City (Already suggested it see below:)
    https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/class-730-on-bcc.65465/#post-614688
    • Update Birmingham New Street with Lighting, Scenery & Passenger Spawn Locations
    • Update track and signal visuals
    Now Like you are doing with cathcart, This should be free with people that already have it, but with people that dont have it, just put it on discount for all platforms on 80% or more.
    Please Take this into consideration, maybe during the Dovetail direct
    Thank you!

Last edited: Aug 15, 2024
    • Like Like x 4
  2. Spikee1975

Spikee1975 Well-Known Member

BCC is a TSW3 route and has ToD4 lighting already (Physically based lighting and the volumetric fluffy clouds).

Last edited: Jul 26, 2024
  3. shredder

shredder Active Member

I’d rather this route ‘2.0’d’ with the soon to be opened Camp Hill Line added in as an alternate route into New Street from the south. Perhaps it could be extended up to Walsall too so we have a full range of the 323 territory? The route would resemble the ‘X’ shape that so many believed was the catalyst to why Southeastern High Speed was so enjoyable. Just a thought..

• Like Like x 3
  4. elarthur

elarthur Well-Known Member

Throw in Soho depot and you have a 100% winner.

• Like Like x 2
  5. shredder

shredder Active Member

Yes, plus that bit between Soho and the Walsall to Aston line that makes it a bit of a circle (that I forgot earlier).

• Like Like x 3
  6. lucasfor49

lucasfor49 Well-Known Member

Isn't TOD4 TSW3 beyond which BCC very much has.

I agree Soho should be added but elsewise there are MANY routes which would benefit much better from a remaster:

ECW, GWE & TVL just to name a few examples

• Like Like x 4
  7. elarthur

elarthur Well-Known Member

Yes to all 3.

• Like Like x 1
  8. AirbourneAlex

AirbourneAlex Well-Known Member

If simply a remaster, then all it really needs is additional AI traffic at Birmingham New Street should the appropriate stock appear in the future, and maybe also update the Class 323 with the new suspension physics from the training centre version (alongside the Glossop line Class 323).

If we're going as far as an extension, then my preference would be the Wolverhampton to Walsall line with the new Class 730, to create a sort of West Midlands network. That line would also go past Soho depot and allow for some playable layers on the main line.

A Class 170 for the Birmingham NS to Hereford/Worcester and Shrewsbury diesel services would be most welcome too.

• Like Like x 4
  9. bob#5089

bob#5089 Active Member

For Birmingham we need more shared platforms

• Like Like x 2
  10. maccagee#4924

maccagee#4924 Active Member

I rarely touch this route, it's too dull and that's down to a lack of trains, especially in the ghost town that is Birmingham New Street.
    It's an iconic location and yet the potential was wasted, like it has been on other routes with major stations.
    Like a previous poster, we need a 2.0 and extend it. But extend it so that it brings at least one more different item of stock into the route and add Soho depot for ECS opportunities.

• Like Like x 2
  11. shredder

shredder Active Member

Glad we’re all in agreement here.

Do WMR 170’s use New Street, and if so what route are they on?

As for the ai layers coming off the back of the recent leaks (390’s/350’s) you’ve got Litchfield Trent Valley which could benefit, plus the track between New Street, Duddeston and Aston where they are sometimes diverted - or in the 350’s case, operated (to Rugeley Trent Valley). Hopefully this is a given!

*edit*
    I’ve just been out collecting chocolate bars on this line and noticed some dodgy bits of scenery that will need a look at. There’s a signal spliced into a wall on the reversing siding at Longbridge, and the same siding at the buffer end is floating above the ballast creating a void to the underworld. Also the canal at University seems to meet a black wall of death instead of a bridge/tunnel..

Last edited: Jul 26, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Spikee1975

Spikee1975 Well-Known Member

I think it's more likely they will bring the old dark ToDv3 routes up to standard, like TVL, NTP, L2B, SKA etc before reworking any TSW3+ route.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Folup1372#8582

Folup1372#8582 Well-Known Member

Dont forget Brighton Main Line But Midland main line, Glossop, Peak Forest and TSW4+ Routes are unlikely right now
    HONESTLY, New street is mean to be busy and packed, But if you go there you will either:
    • See a ghost town with Few/Mere Passengers on each platform and no trains
    • 1 Or 2 323's at any platform either terminating or Picking Up/Dropping off passenger
    Seriously, so disappointing and a rip-off

• Like Like x 1
  14. lucasfor49

lucasfor49 Well-Known Member

No need for routes like peak forest & newer routes for remakes - MML was seperate so I'll allow it.

LBN isn't a bad shout but I think those three need the overhaul and extentions even especially.more then anything

• Like Like x 1
  15. AirbourneAlex

AirbourneAlex Well-Known Member

They no longer operate for WMT, but did so in the recent past, certainly alongside the Class 323. They were used on diesel-only lines to places like Hereford and Shrewsbury from Birmingham New Street, so would be playable as far as Bromsgrove on semi-fast services and as addition AI at New Street.

• Like Like x 2
  16. shredder

shredder Active Member

Interesting. Thanks for the info! I guess the 323’s and the 170’s for WMR will be gone from the New Street landscape soon altogether!

• Like Like x 2
  17. maccagee#4924

maccagee#4924 Active Member

While I remember, like many routes, one thing I really hate is the lack of pathing options in Scenario creator.
    You can only use 2 platforms at New Street (8 & 12) which means if you try to write a scenario where you go through New Street, it only allows for one other train to be in the station the same time as you!

Last edited: Jul 27, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
  18. shredder

shredder Active Member

Madness. I’ve just been through, in-game, at 3:00am and over half the platforms have 323’s stabled in.

19. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

The missing lineside fencing and broken/unfinished scenery south of Birmingham certainly needs addressing. It’s almost like the north and south sections of the route were worked on by two different people - the north by someone well versed in contemporary standards, the south by someone of the MSTS 2002 “that’ll do” mindset.