Renfe Commuter Trains Madrid Line C4

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Renfe cercanias, Aug 12, 2021.

1. Renfe cercanias

Renfe cercanias Active Member

Hello everybody

Welcome to a new Spanish route suggestion. In this case I am going to tell you about the Madrid suburban Line c4 ... a line that runs through the network from the south to the north.

Line c4 starts in Parla, which is an underground station which connects with the Parla tram.

Here you have a picture of the station
    ESTACION-CERCANIAS-PARLA.jpg

When trains leave from Parla, they head down the line past the stations of:

- Getafe center
    - Getafe sector 3
    - The university daisies
    - Villaverde Alto
    - Villaverde low
    - ATOCHA (the most important station of the network and in which all the suburban lines of Madrid connect)
    ( Here you have an image of the Atocha station )
    unnamed.jpg

Once the trains leave the most important station in Spain, they head through the sun tunnel, where they also share circulation with the Madrid suburban line c3.
    Already in the sun tunnel, the trains pass through new ministries and later Chamartín.

Once the trains leave Chamartín, they head towards cantoblanco university. There the line is divided into two branches, the c4a line, which is destined for colmenar viejo and the c4b line, which is destined for Alcobendas san sebastian de los reyes.

The services are very varied and, so that you do not make a mess, I put a map in which I show you the line with its branches

cercanias-c4.jpg

As you can see, in cantoblanco university the line is divided. Some services go to Colmenar and others to Alcobendas

We now turn to the technical characteristics of the line:

1) Length: 64 km

2) Rolling stock:

UT 465 nicknamed "Renfe civia"

Here you have a couple of photos. One from the train and one from the train cabin

f3e1e9294298a304c3775fa857a14482.jpg 8138007399_995e93b61e_b.jpg

3) Line security systems

The line has one of the most modern security systems.
    The ERTMS level 1 is the system that uses the line, but when due to a system anomaly it fails, the ASFA system comes into play, a punctual supervision system through beacons on the road.

4) Driving systems.

Renfe's UT 465 series has several driving modes:

- Preset speed: With the proper brake traction regulator, the driver sets the speed that the train must reach and this is automatically maintained.

- Manual Driving
    The driver applies traction / brake without any electronic help to maintain speed.

- Workshop mode:

In this driving mode, the train has a maximum speed of 20 km / h, since it is used for maneuvers or parking in the depots.

5) Speeds:

- Maximum speed of the line: 120 km / h
    - Maximum train speed: 120 km / h

6) Conclution :

It has taken me a long time to make this suggestion, so please I hope you can appreciate it.

Any questions you have, you can ask me, I'll be here to answer it :)

If you have been wanting to see more about the line, here are a couple of videos (I clarify that the videos are not mine)

Thanks to all !! :))

• Like Like x 5