Renfe Line - Barcelona - Blanes

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Jack Rocknean, Jan 28, 2021.

1. Jack Rocknean

Jack Rocknean New Member

The Renfe line from Barcelona - Blanes is a great line right along the coast of Spain that I would love to see introduced. This combines the busy stations of Barcelona, the smaller, more quiet stations, of Malgrat De Mar and all in between. Barcelona station is an underground station but then you appear and come above ground to be greeted by the bright colours and contrast of the sea and the sun. It is a gorgeous line across the coast displaying many great views. The Class 447 is a great train with max comfort and this line is a mixture of single and double line which means that sticking to timetable is crucial in order to allow other trains through and make the services run smoothly. As well as a good challenge this line is aesthetically pleasing and as we are yet to reach into Spain I feel this is a good leap to take down to the Catalunya coast. I myself went on this line many years ago when I went on holiday to Barcelona and it is one of the most beautiful lines I have ever been on and something that I will never forget the experience I had.

Thanks for your time

• Like Like x 8
  2. Class395

Class395 Active Member

Yes please, i used to ride the 447s for mans years on the R3 Line. The R1 also operates Alstom Civia train sets alongside 447s so could be a train dlc. Also, almost all classic and commuter rail lines in Spain are Iberian gauge (1668mm) so that could be the first broad gauge dlc

Last edited: Jan 28, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  3. supersimfan#2303

supersimfan#2303 Well-Known Member

I have already suggested this route before myself and i like it that someone has the same ideas as me
    I have been to callella before whitch is a lovely little town i got a plane from london stansted to Barcelona airport then got the train from the airport to barcalona sants staition i had to change to to the R1 to get to callela i would love to see this route in TSW2 btw you are right the line is beautiful.and i will never forget it too. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 29, 2021
  4. Class395

Class395 Active Member

5. djhawtin1

djhawtin1 Well-Known Member

Personally i'd like Cartagena-Alicante
    Used to be my local line