Reorganize The Forum A Bit?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by solicitr, Jan 19, 2021.

1. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

While there is certainly a good reason to have platform-specific divisions, there are an awful lot of gameplay-related matters which apply no matter what platform you're using. So, for example, explanations of PzB, or how to load coal in Sand Patch, or where to find a switch or knob in a particular loco- it's rather a pain to have to sift through three fora to find what one is looking for, or post a query in one thread when the person who knows the answer may be in one of the other two.

Wouldn't it make sense to have a "Gameplay" forum, separate from the platform-segregated ones which can be more specifically oriented to controller use, graphics settings etc?

Last edited: Jan 19, 2021
    • Like Like x 6
  2. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Not a bad idea but I think the response would be to use the "technical" sub forum for those kinds of issues. Still, as I said, it might fly.

3. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

To me, the "technical" subforum means bugs and glitches

4. chris-penny

chris-penny Active Member

Yeah. I think this s a good idea but to secotion down the suggestions more; maybe loco ideas, route ideas, gameplay, scenary...etc

• Like Like x 1
  5. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Most threads on the forum that are not about bugs are not platform specific. Most discussions are about the content. The three forums should be merged and that should be that. If something is platform specific it can be stated in the title or the posts but that won’t be required that often. The only thing that is really PC specific is mods and all threads for mods should be in the creation centre forum anyway.

I use “new posts” to find what’s been posted and that brings up all updated threads from all forums, so I see everything. Some people only look on the forum main pages to find new posts. There is a lot of mixing between the different platforms players that isn’t happening that would be beneficial to everyone if it was. I don’t really like posting threads because nearly everything I want to post about isn’t platform specific so I don’t just want to talk with other PS4 players, I want everyone to be able to join in. I find I have a dilemma on my hands of whether to post in the PC section for general subjects to get a better response. I shouldn’t have to do that.

Merge the three forums into one and stop the divide. Nothing else is necessary.

6. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

I'm not so sure that merging would work very well. I think that quite a lot of posts are platform specific and, since I know virtually nothing about controllers or consoles, I would want to avoid answering such posts inadvertently and embarrassing myself:love:.
    Actually, I'm going to suggest, rather than contracting the forum, adding a Raildriver sub forum, which would be very platform specific. I wonder if that would find any favor.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2021