1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Report A Bug

Discussion in 'Known Issues & Bug Reports' started by TrainSim-Jay, Sep 19, 2017.

1. TrainSim-Jay

TrainSim-Jay Guest

In the possible event that you encounter a bug or issue in Train Sim World, please fill out the below template and submit it to the dovetailgames.kayako.com support site.

Title:
    train/ route that the bug refers to, along with brief description of issue.
    eg: SD40- interior of train carriages are missing textures

Description: A more detailed description.
    eg: The seats do not have textures and instead show a placeholder.

Steps: Exact steps to reproduce the issue.
    eg:
    • Boot TSW
    • Select Services
    • Select SD40 train
    • Select the service
    • Move the global camera or move the character to inside one of the carriages

Actual result: what the issue is- this may be similarly worded to the title
    eg: Missing textures on the seats

Expected result: What you expect to see.
    eg: Seats have correct textures

Tips for writing up reports:
    Users are required to upload 1 or 2 screenshots clearly showing the issue, labelled if needed/ possible, or a video showing the issue.
    Users are required to attach their DxDiag along with the report. You can find out how to do this here:https://dovetailgames.kayako.com/Knowledgebase/Article/View/176/0/how-do-i-create-a-dxdiag-report
    Keep the steps minimal but do not miss out any crucial information such as which game mode you are using.
    The description should be concise and only hold applicable information to the issue.
    Please do not use bug reports to give suggestions- use the forum instead.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2017
  2. Techie

Techie New Member

We don't have permission to view the known issues list. Keeps giving me an error saying 'You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.'

3. DampWool

DampWool New Member

Access denied to known-issues resource.
    known-issues.jpg

4. jumpjet

jumpjet Active Member

Emergency Brake application

Full patched game build 100

Service 4V38 Type 66 Acton Yard to Reading, roughly 7 minutes out of Acton.

Appears to be an emergency brake application about 3 signals west of Hanwell station at a red light. AWS is enabled. Brake pressure is dumped shortly before the red light with no warning.I've edited 2 videos for you.

EDIT: Having completed this service now, there is another unwarranted emergency stop at the final stopping platform at Reading, 100 to 200 yards from the red light at the end of the platform. You are only doing 5 to 15 MPH at this point.

Whilst rendering these videos, I was watching Matt Peddlesden's stream on you tube, and he happened to be doing this service and mentioned a signal fault at 1hr & 6 minutes into the video. He said the signal fault occurs when that light is at a single yellow, and you should be ok when it's at double yellow or green. However I passed the mentioned light at double yellow in the 2 videos above. It could still be related I guess. The signal is SN203

Here is Matt's stream- jump to timestamp 1hr 6 mins

Last edited: Sep 22, 2017
  5. DampWool

DampWool New Member

The link to DTG support site in the header of this thread is incomplete and when used can create an unsecured connection that breaks the embedded script for the page. Please update the link using the full URL.

6. Piussi

Piussi Well-Known Member

TrainSim-Jay it would be nice to have a list of bugs and issues list to see whats being worked at. ;)

7. boodouglas24

boodouglas24 New Member

AC4400 still has stutter issue when switching camera from internal to external views.

8. SittnDuck

SittnDuck New Member

I keep getting these Ureal eng crashes, I have no idea what to do. It did not happen until the DLC was installed. No particular thing causes it.
    This time I had ridden to Paddington, loaded passengers waited until 10:30, headed out and when I got to just before the 100 marker it ctd. My speed was 39 and I was coasting the speedometer giude had just moved up above 40 before the crash.

Attached Files:

• Upvote Upvote x 1
  9. Colin90

Colin90 New Member

I got this game today, After completing tuturials. I went into my first scenario and received the achievements for walking 1mile, 100mile and 1000mile. I have only walked 0.23 mile in game. I was looking forward to getting these by myself.

10. Colin90

Colin90 New Member

I got a eng crash on this scenario, all I did was move to get onboard the train heading to Paddington

11. Ron Away

Ron Away New Member

Hi Jay, I can't save my game anymore, whatever the game mode profile or route. It keeps loading an old game play. I verified the files with Steam and everything is in order apparently. Where could be the problem? Anyone else having this issue?

12. Sintbert

Sintbert Active Member

Maybe your savegame is got somehow writeprotected. Try to delete it, should be in your "documents/My Games/TS2Prototype/Saved/SaveGames/" the file named "TSWSaveGame_[YourProfileName].sav"

Last edited: Nov 27, 2017
  13. Ron Away

Ron Away New Member

Thank you very much for your help, it works just fine now :)

14. BNSF650

BNSF650 New Member

Jay please look at the CSX BUG LIST in this forum. Please fix these problems with this sim.

15. CSX8067

CSX8067 Member

got a fence problem outside of Hyndman. this is @ mile marker 190 heading towards Hyndman.

Attached Files:

16. rwaday

rwaday Active Member

MU cables and brake hoses not fixed in TSW HH. Still an issue.

• Upvote Upvote x 1
  17. Philip99j

Philip99j New Member

When I am using the "E" Key to enter the train Cabin I get stuck in the train roof. It´s like the E key jumps me up to far. Note that this is only happening at some stations. I have also had the same problem when I am using the "E" key to sit down at the drivers seat. When I get stuck I can not get down and I have to restart the route from the beginning again and again and again and so on.... So far my experience from this is when I drive a normal schedule. Thanks in advance :)

Attached Files:

18. SamYeager270

SamYeager270 Well-Known Member

Is this only in Rapid Transit or do you have the issue in GWE & CSX:HH as well?

19. Philip99j

Philip99j New Member

Only Rapid Transit :(

20. Navi

Navi New Member

When I get up from driver place, I'm too get stuck in the train roof. But if train get move all normal.
    20171215184337_1.jpg

21. CSX8067

CSX8067 Member

i am so glad I have not bought this. and I also hope that none of the people at DTG are not doctors or any thing else. if they can make a piece of software this screwed up!!! god help us if they was doctors or something.

22. Corvan

Corvan Well-Known Member

Yes, because there's such a great correlation between software development and medicine.

23. CSX8067

CSX8067 Member

lol you know what I mean. I would not want a life in these peoples hands. they would screw it up big time like they did TSW

24. Rudolf

Rudolf Active Member

I got a reward for opening doors right a way. It was preset. For Rapid Transit I lost progress on a number of achievements. For HH I cannot get the reword for completing all tutorials. My guess is that achievements are not tested at all.

25. ex_railwayman

ex_railwayman Member

One of the issues that us customers/end-users have is that sometimes we see something that might not be considered a bug in the game, but, it is out of the ordinary. I can offer these 2 screenshots taken from the newly released Trans Pennine route at Leeds Station and Leeds Holbeck Depot of Class 101 DMU driving cars being placed on the tracks the wrong way round, is this to stop us from climbing inside them and driving off, or, has someone forgotten to turn these around so you have the 2 driving cabs pointing outwards which is exactly how they were ever formed and driven, or, is it a mystery bug? This is just at the Leeds end, I haven't walked the whole length of the route yet, these were taken from spawning walking about, not, a specific scenario/service.

Can someone from DTG advise us of this peculiarity, please?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 19, 2018
  26. Nicistarful

Nicistarful New Member

Any Train: levers start glitching while using mouse control on moving trains

When on any moving train, trying to fine tune levers via mouse control is impossible due to them glitching at higher speeds.

1. Sit or stand in any train
    2. Accelerate (to 40/50mph for a stronger effect)
    3. Control levers with the mouse

Levers shouldn't glitch with mouse controls when the train moves.

Video:

Attached Files:

27. LT586

LT586 Active Member

I notice if you take over a service at Paddington with the Class 166 the brakes don't work and Emergency Brake is the only function that allows you to stop.