Feature Save Game Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Player Feedback' started by DTG JD, Sep 16, 2022.

Tags:
  1. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

Hello folks,

As announced in our update article, we'll be re-enabling the Save Game feature and coinciding it with a series of core game improvements designed to improve its functionality. This will not have fixed everything, but after hearing your feedback we'll implement a toggle in the settings where you can enable it, provided you're aware that you may still experience an issue (we hope that's not the case though!)

However, if you experience any issues, and you'd like to help us identify where we can improve the feature, please let us know below.

Include:
    • Issue Summary:
    • Platform:
    • Game Mode:
    • Route Name:
    • Loco Name:
    • Service/Scenario Name + Start Time:
    • Step-by-Step Instructions:
    • +Screenshots
    • +Video Links
    Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  2. akshay26

akshay26 Active Member

Hey JD, I have tried the save game on London - Brighton, it is half working now, which means some trains are proceeding and some trains are still stuck

XOXO Akshay

3. Evolinox#6389

Evolinox#6389 Member

After loading a Savegame with SIFA, PZB and LZB activated on the BR 101, only SIFA is working... LZB got "disconnected" (Shows B for being Ready even tho i was in Ü Mode before saving) and PZB doesn't light up, when LZB isn't connected

Edit: Same for AFB, the UI showed AFB set to 100, but the Loco doesn't apply brakes while driving 160km/h. After setting AFB and Throttle to 0 and turning AFB off and back on, AFB was functional again

This was the Nightjet service for the BR 101 on Schnellfahrstrecke Kassel-Würzburg

• Like Like x 1
  4. mrtorture#6063

mrtorture#6063 New Member

I saved Does Wet Coal Burn? on HSC. Went back in and my diesels brakes were set to handle off, cut out, set to Trail, direction was neutral while climbing the hill in the rain.
    • Platform: Steam
    • Game Mode: Senario
    • Route Name: Horseshoe Curve
    • Loco Name: NS ES44AC
    • Service/Scenario Name + Start Time: Does Wet Coal Burn?

5. whenden

whenden New Member

After using "Save" button could not finish the Faversham to St.Pancras Int'l (1F27) service.Stuck at red light outside Rochester Platform 1 (EK 4058) using the Class 395.Also a minor bug when using Save button and returning to game lights go from daytime to rear.
    Nothing to do with Save button but every time i exit from the game i get a Prototype UE4 TS2 Unreal crash report,even thogh the game hasn't crashed.I am using a PC.

6. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

• Issue Summary:
    Cajon pass, ES4400 after resume of the game banking com is no longer working. The rear locomotives do not process commands from the lead engine.
    • Platform: PC
    • Game Mode: journey
    • Route Name: Cajon Pass
    • Loco Name:BNSF ES4400
    • Service/Scenario Name + Start Time: G-HOUSD6b-50 11:30
    Play the service, make sure banking.com is on
    Use camera 3 twice to move to the rear locos peep inside and observe that if you adjust the throttle the setting is copied in the lead loco at the rear
    Return to the front by selecting camera 3
    Save the game and exit
    Resume the game.
    Observe you are loosing speed
    Check and see banking com says it is active.
    Go to the lead engine at the rear of the train and observe it no longer follows change sin throttle settings but remains off.
    Go back to the front and select 1
    Set the throttle to idle
    Turn banking off and on again (this sometimes might help)
    Check again and observe the throttle of the lead engine at the rear end does not respond
    • Sorry no screenshots or gameplay. I think my description should do here.

• Like Like x 1
  7. johncoaltrain

johncoaltrain Member

• Platform: PS5
    • Game Mode: Journey
    • Loco Name: ES4400
    • Service/Scenario Name + Start Time: Z-SDGCHC4-06; 18:32
    • Step-by-Step Instructions: I was able to save, reload and complete this service without issue. The service ended as normal with medal outcome and AP being awarded against the player, route and loco levels. However, there was no medal or AP score logged against the service in the journey chapter despite it being marked as completed. Also, when resuming the save from the main menu, the service name wasn't displayed. Screenshots attached.
    Edit: completing the same service from the timetable mode has cleared this up.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2022
  8. phil.elliott

phil.elliott Well-Known Member

• Issue Summary: RHTT mid-run; when resuming a save the brakes had changed to cut-out and I had to change to cut-in and reset the pressure
    • Platform: PC Steam
    • Game Mode: Timetable
    • Route Name:
    • Loco Name: Class 66
    • Service/Scenario Name + Start Time: 8X02 Fawkham Junction to Fawkham Junction (sic) (Part 2) - 00:48
    • Step-by-Step Instructions: About 7 miles from destination, run was otherwise uneventful. Saved game, resumed a few hours later. Discovered automatic brakes didn't work, tool tip told me to change brakes to Cut-in (the brakes were already set to Cut-in when I originally started the service); took me a couple of minutes to locate the option on the Electro-Motive display. Once I changed the setting to Cut-in, I could then reset the pressure on the automatic brakes (which brought me to a standstill). After resetting the automatic brakes everything worked as expected.

9. nepclassof84

nepclassof84 Well-Known Member

I found one that is possibly a save issue, and if it is probably fixed in the core updates

• Platform: Xbox Series X
    • Game Mode: Scenario
    • Route Name: Spirit of Steam
    • Loco Name: LMS Stanier 8F
    • Service/Scenario Name + Start Time: Worst winter of all
    1. Start scenario
    2. Save before going up first hill to get out of yard (in case i dont make it. I didn't)
    3. Restore save (highball up the hill)
    4. Save when I get notice to stop for stuck train
    5. Save before red signal dittmer junction
    6. Talk to signaller
    7. Get back in cab and west for opposing train. It goes through a red signal and my secnario fails.

I say its potentially a save issue because I did the scenario again without saving at all before leaving dittmer junction. opposing train passed no failure.

Side note: This is not a save game gripe. I'm thrilled the toggle is there and I've restored 4x without issue since it came out. I'm thrilled to have the save in with a toggle. So thrilled that I can be patient for my precious Y button to return.

10. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Issue Permanent Red Signal
    Platform Xbox Series X Game Pass
    Route SEHS Extended
    Service 1J38 St Pancras to Margate Journey Mode
    Step 1.) Start the game as normal and save outside of ST Pancras station before the HS1 London tunnel.
    Step 2.) Quit the game then load the save game
    Step 3.) Continue as Normal and As you near Ashford International past the Medway Viaducts and the 375 which you race you get a Permanent Red Signal at Ashford International

11. london#6712

london#6712 Active Member

Hello, on PS5 all of the train destination boards do not work. So once you load back in they all don’t work. But everything else is fine. It’s service 1L36 St pancreas Int’l to St pancreas Int’l

12. DTG JD

Thank you folks for your submissions so far.

For those reporting red lights impacting you post-Save Game, can you check if today's update has helped things?

13. nepclassof84

I’ll recheck the one I reported once I get the patch. It will be a few days. I likely won’t play the game until Friday.

really happy these fixes are coming so quickly

14. Sharon E

Sharon E Well-Known Member

After loading the patch today, I ran SEHS service 2K72, and save almost as soon as I left Dover Priory. Ran a few minutes and exited the game. Came back, resumed the saved game and ran it until the end without issues noted. I will now give the 'new' save game a test by running something on London Commuter.

• Like Like x 1
  15. nepclassof84

DTG JD didn’t produce after the patch. I’ve been in glorious railroading bliss all day

16. Steam/pc
    Liverpool to crewe
    8f
    Express freight Northampton to edge hill 08:18
    After resuming from save game I no longer have objectives.

17. Sharon E

London Commuter, redid timetable service 1C13, an up service using class 377162. The only issue noted was the train reloaded with the lights in night v. day running. The controlled chaos at London Victoria was handled without problems.

Just reran a down service, 1W34 using 387210, no issues noted including the lights came back as set, day running.

With the 1C13 service having issues with resuming the lights correctly, I went back and ran another 377 hauled service, 2B21 with 377453. It resumed after save with its lights correctly set and completed this service without issues.

Running Steam on a pc.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2022
  18. Sharon E

Don't know when I will go retry this one, but the Limited Power scenario in CRR would be a good test since the saving of it prior to working the mine at the end of the line causes the AI loco not to do its work properly.

19. Sharon E

Harlem Commuter: ran timetable service 625 using the M7A from GCT to North White Plains. No issues noted using the save.

20. DTG JD

These initial findings sound encouraging. The core change was focused around AI behaviour and red lights - headlights/wipers/objectives are likely to be a more case-by-case solution.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Class 66 rhtt version
    Sehs
    Most services
    After resuming from save the brakes are always set to cut out.

22. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Clinchfield...

Loading a saved game with the SD40, the Engine Run, Generator Field etc. switches have defaulted to "Off". Think this might be an old never rectified bug?

• Like Like x 1
  23. breblimator

breblimator Guest

This is an old one for sure.

• Like Like x 1
  24. bartolomaeusz

bartolomaeusz Well-Known Member

No issues anywhere; except I have not yet tried Save on London Commuter. I have RailDriver so my wipers, lights etc come on randomly anyway, Save or not.

25. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

Banking comm turned off after reloading save
    Platform: pc
    Timetable service on cane creek
    Loco: ac4400cw
    I had turned banking comm on since it was a helper service. I saved and reloaded since I didn't have time to do a run in one sitting and found that the banking comm was not on. Basically, when I applied throttle to the front loco, the throttle in the helper loco didn't move when I checked using the 3 camera. I had to turn banking comm on and off for it to register and start working.

I don't have pictures or videos but was wondering if other people were experiencing it and whether it's also on other american freight locos

26. Sharon E

• Issue Summary: Running timetable service L-SBDHES4-05 in Cajon Pass which uses 3 SD40-2s, with 7114 leading, and no DPUs, on a mixed freight east bound from San Bernardino. Did a save game at 10 miles from the Go Via point. Train was on a 2.1% grade with locos set in run 8 moving at 26 mph. On resuming this service, it was like the throttle had been closed with the speed dropping quickly. I closed the throttle to run 6 and reopened it which got my power back. I decided to go out of the game and resume again. Got the same results with the power reduction and reapplying it resolving the power issue. Using a RailDriver to control the train, the position of the throttle was not moved between save and resume. Have not seen this issue on other save and resumes since the save function was restored and I always leave the RailDriver controls untouched.
    • Game Mode: timetable
    • Loco Name: SD40-2 7114
    • Service/Scenario Name + Start Time: L-SBDHES4-05
    • Step-by-Step Instructions: see above
    • You can see from the screen shot of the graph how the speed dropped, then recovered with the throttle being closed and reopened.
    • bandicam 2022-11-08 15-47-16-402.jpg

Last edited: Nov 8, 2022
  27. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Issue: Brakes cut out on restore

Platform: PC/Steam:
    Route: Cajon Pass
    Loco: ES44C4
    Service 3rd Journey service (Grain, Summit-Barstow)

Saved and resumed, brakes were not slowing the train, found that the auto brake in the lead engine had reset to "cut out." Fortunately could cut it in on the fly and completed the run.

28. Sharon E

As an addition to my post above about power loss on resume. I saved this run again since I had to do something. When I resumed the next day, with all RailDriver settings as left, I did not get this power loss when I resumed. So, have not a clue as to what did it at the previous location.

29. todzilla#6054

todzilla#6054 New Member

PC/Steam
    Cajon Pass
    Timetable
    ES44C4
    U-HOULAC6-05

After save, the banking comm shows to be on, but it has lost control of the banking locos.
    Using camera 3 on the lead banking loco, it seems to be stuck on the throttle setting before the save.

30. benjamin#6275

benjamin#6275 New Member

Plattform PS 4 Strecken Name Kassel Würzburg Name Lok BR 185 Spielmodus Reisekapitel Dienstname 50000 23:43 01:15 Vor Kassel 16 KM ist rot Signal da kommen nicht weiter habe schon eine halbe Stunde gewartet

Last edited: Nov 13, 2022
  31. benjamin#6275

benjamin#6275 New Member

32. bartolomaeusz

bartolomaeusz Well-Known Member

• Issue Summary: Destination board blanks out on 323 from Save
    • Route Name: Birmingham Cross-city
    • Loco Name: 323
    • Service/Scenario Name + Start Time: 2R17 0807
    • Step-by-Step Instructions: After Save, GSMI and outside destination board are off. Starting GSMI does not restore destination board.

33. Sharon E

I have noted the same occurrence while running a timetable service, 8O18 the 0808 service from LTV to Bromsgrove. My GSMI showed initially blank, see screen shot after I tried to recover it by pressing the on button, the next 2 shots show the blank pis screens, front and in train, the final shot shows that the doors have frozen and it wants me to open again. I had to hit the open doors then close them again when it said too. bandicam 2022-11-19 16-14-14-846.jpg bandicam 2022-11-19 14-53-56-314.jpg
    bandicam 2022-11-19 16-16-25-564.jpg bandicam 2022-11-19 16-15-36-041.jpg bandicam 2022-11-19 16-14-56-670.jpg

Last edited: Nov 19, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  34. Sharon E

Was just watching a stream from British Ace and he had the GSMI go blank while sitting in New Street, so not a save issue but a general 'bug'. He cleared it so I have an idea of how to recover from this.

35. Dakota

Dakota Member

Save / Restart is a godsend, especially when replaying PZB penalties to figure out where I went wrong ha ha. I've been running generally the Talent 2 and some BR4xx on various routes, and the Talent 2 in timetables. My only feedback is that the Talent 2 displays look so much better in "dark" so I always first click the dark button on the middle MFD. On starting and restoring it goes back to "light". Not anything like a "problem"! Thank you for Save / Restart!!!

36. DarkWolf

DarkWolf Active Member

Issue Summary: When selecting custom weather settings on Cajon Pass and saving a game, when you reload that save it does not resume with the previously selected cloud setting. Example if you select a solid overcast, when you resume the game it will be only partly cloudy. Don't know if this affects the other weather settings.
    • Platform: PC - Epic
    • Service/Scenario Name + Start Time: Any
    • Step-by-Step Instructions: Start a timetable service on Cajon Pass and select custom weather with the clouds slider set fully to the right. Save the game and reload it and the level of clouds will not be the same.
    • +Screenshots
    Before saving, solid overcast :
    [​IMG]

After loading, partly cloudy:
    [​IMG]

DW

37. DarkWolf

DarkWolf Active Member

Issue Summary: When saving during a service on Cajon Pass where you have locomotives at the rear of your train, when you resume the save those rear locomotives get stuck at whatever power\dynamic brake setting they were at at the moment of save. Upon resuming they will no longer sync with the lead locomotive. All you can do is cycle the Banking Comm button off and on which will set the lead rear locomotive to an idling state with it's reverser in neutral but they will not resume syncing with the lead lcomotive.
    • Platform: PC - Epic
    • Loco Name: ES44C4
    • Service/Scenario Name + Start Time: Any
    • Step-by-Step Instructions: Start any ES44C4 timetable service where the train has rear locomotives. Setup the train as you normally would, switch on banking comm and apply power to notch 2. Check that the rear lead locomotive is at notch 2 power and save. Load that save game and throttle back to idle, the rear lead locomotive will still be at notch 2 power and will not repond to any power changes by the lead locomotive. Cycle banking comm off and on and the rear lead will revert to idle with reverser in neutral but will continue to be uncontrollable by the lead loco.
    As an addendum I did a quick test on Horseshoe Curve with the ES44AC and the same things happens, the rear lead loco is stuck in the setting it was at when the game was saved, but by cyling the banking comm off and on the rear locomotives will once again sync with the lead.

DW

• Like Like x 1
  38. Sharon E

• Issue Summary: Running scenario Snow Problem, I did a save prior to the update today, but resumed after it was dl and installed. After this resume neither the wipers of AWS were working, though I did not realize about the AWS at the time. Did another save game, did restart the wipers after the first resume. On the second resume the wipers were, again, not working. As far as the AWS, it was not turned back on following that first resume.
    • Game Mode: scenario
    • Route Name: BCC
    • Service/Scenario Name + Start Time: Snow Problem
    • Step-by-Step Instructions: Did restart the wipers after the first resume.

39. Sharon E

• Issue Summary: Running timetable service 2P27, Redditch to LTV, did 2 saves and exit during this run. First at New Street and second at a station between New Street and LTV. Using dynamic weather on the date I ran it, so about 15 minutes into the run it started snowing so wipers were on at both saves. When resuming after both saves the wipers were off and had to recycle the switch to get them to start again. Also, at both resumes, which were made during station stops, the doors were closed on resume and had to reopen them to get the door timer to restart.
    • Game Mode: timetable
    • Route Name: BCC
    • Service/Scenario Name + Start Time: 2P27
    • Step-by-Step Instructions: Had to cycle the wiper switch off then back on to get them to work at both resumes, also the doors, being closed at the resume, had to open them again.
    • NOTE: In the above post I questions the operation of the AWS post resume, can say it still functions post resume so there is no issue here.

40. maxipolo12

maxipolo12 Well-Known Member

• Issue After loading a save, all the screens in the train are black
    • Game Mode: scenario
    • Route Name: rapid transit
    • Loco Name: BR 1442
    • Service/Scenario Name + Start Time: Leipziger

41. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

Don't know if it's been mentioned before but I was playing the scenario recently and encountered the issue
    Gen field turned off after loading a save
    Platform: pc
    Scenario: Eastbound coal with the c40-8w
    When I loaded a save and applied power, I got no amps. After some fiddling around and looking around, I decided to check the 3 switches and found the gen field switch off. Turned it back on and the amps went up with power application

42. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

• Issue Summary:
    The ICE1 will not continue its journey after resuming a saved game (I quit the game in between)
    • Platform:
    PC
    • Game Mode:
    Journey mode
    • Route Name:
    Kassel-Würzburg
    • Loco Name:
    ICE1
    • Service/Scenario Name + Start Time:
    Würz winter scenario
    I drove the train till Kassel, including safety systems and AFB. After the stop I saved the game and quit. The train was moving at this point, but AFB indicated 0 km/hso the train started braking. I tried various ways to reset the AFB, I managed to get the AFB active, but then the brakes were applied partially and I could not release them, also not with the recharge brakes button.

• +Screenshots
    20221213075216_1.jpg

43. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Hamburg-Lübeck
    MRCE 182

After restoring from a save, all throttle function is lost; train has no power (and no dynamic brake). Resetting/disabling AFB/PZB/Sifa etc has no effect. Nor does standing up and sitting down.

• Like Like x 1
  44. OldVern

• Issue Summary: Not restoring Objective and Timetable data (top LH of screen).
    • Route Name: Bremen to Oldenburg
    • Loco Name: DB 110/N-wagon cab car.
    • Service/Scenario Name First train the 06xx from Bremen to Oldenburg returning as the 0709 to Bremen.
    • Step-by-Step Instructions: Drove the Bremen to Oldenburg leg with a save about 10 mins into the journey which loaded successfully. On arrival at Oldenburg and completion of the first run I elected to return to free roam and made my way to the cab car to take over the return journey. Departed okay and drove as far as Hede where I saved the game and exited the sim. On returning later the run loaded but all the timetable/station stop/objective etc data which displays on the top LH of the screen was missing, making it impossible to continue. I believe this is an old save game bug that goes back to TSW2020. Haven't seen it for a while but means it is not possible to do a "Driver's Shift" type exercise on the route.

45. OldVern

• Issue Summary: Red Signal 9km from Oldenburg coming from Bremen
    • Game Mode: Journey
    • Route Name: Bremen To Oldenburg
    • Loco Name: DB BR110
    • Service/Scenario Name + Start Time: RE4410 Hanover to Nordeich Mole (1052)
    • Step-by-Step Instructions: Departed Bremen and saved game. Loaded game and proceeded okay until encountering red at the above signal. Unable to tab past. Reference to 2D map shows no conflicting trains or moves ahead.

46. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

Issue: BR182 dispolok headlights not recovering after game save
    Platform: PC
    Game mode: Journey
    Route: Kasel-Würzburg
    Loco: BR182 dispolok
    Service: 69161, start time 00:01
    Step by step instructions:
    Drive the service, turn headlights on. Save game, exit game, restart game using saved drive
    Observe headlights are off now.

47. Sparkster

Sparkster Member

• Issue Summary: Train in front of me does not move
    • Game Mode: Timetable mode
    • Route Name: Köln-Aachen
    • Loco Name: DB BR 187
    • Service/Scenario Name + Start Time: DB 83152 Westbound Timbers; Start at 07:45:00
    • Step-by-Step Instructions: I saved 1.3 km before passing the 200 km/h speed limit in Düren

Attached Files:

48. After resuming a save game where one has returned to free roam and started another task, I no longer have any objectives.
    This has happened a couple of times in the past but I did not realise it happens when you take over another service instead if returning to the main menu and starting a new service.

I completed ECS3 on WSR then returned to free roam and took over BL2, saved the game half way through the service. Once I returned to tsw the service was not saved as BL2 but saved as ECS3! So my guess is the dispatcher has no idea why I'm approaching Blue anchor and not heading towards Bishops Lydeard.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2022
  49. OldVern

Basically same as I reported above, the objective, timetable and clock in the LH top vanishes. It means you cannot reliably do a full driver's shift by staying "in game", even with the same train. I do believe it's an original TSW2020 or at least was always present in TSW2. It needs sorting.

• Like Like x 1
  50. Sorry that's me being ignorant and not reading thru the posts. I see that it saves the game as your original service and not the service you are actually running.

Had a similar thing happen on bml where I resumed the save and still had instructions displayed only to arrive at Brighton and not be instructed to close the doors and couldn't complete the service.
    I hope dtg are paying attention to this.