Dovetail Live Reporting A Livery On Cc

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by matinakbary, Mar 3, 2022.

Tags:
  1. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

Hello,

as i can't see the ingame way to do this, I want to do this here:

On the Railsim forum, i uploaded this livery (https://rail-sim.de/forum/filebase/entry/7272-flixtrain-modernisiert-avmmz-bpmmz-wagen-br-101-dlc/) for the community.

And then I saw, that on CC a user which is also active on the RS-Forum, just uploaded my livery without any permission or even naming me as author of the livery. I am talking about this two mods:

https://creatorsclub.dovetailgames.com/mods/2906
    https://creatorsclub.dovetailgames.com/mods/2925

When I uploaded this livery originally, i was very happy to see that other people like and use it. But just uploading it somewhere else? That's really shameful and pathetic.
    I kindly ask the moderator team to take these two mods offline. Feel free to DM me, if you have further questions.

Edit: I downloaded them, but only saw one repaint. Which means that my livery and the uploaded livery by the user are identical, which, if i understand it correctly, proves that it's my livery.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2022
  2. jasonpfc

jasonpfc Well-Known Member

I put a debranded TPE on there last week, I've seen it used 7-8 times on custom made scenerios since, yet only 1 person has credited me with the livery work, it is frustrating when you do all the effort, for someone else to just claim its "theres" instead

3. matinakbary

Totally fee you. Yet, when your livery is used in a scenario is still different than someone just uploading your work and basically saying it's theirs. Totally unethical and somehow frustrating that I even thought not to do liveries anymore. This one fella won't stop me contributing to this (mostly) nice community, but it's just very shameful for the person.

4. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

I feel a change to the Ts&Cs coming on
    I would hope something along the lines of "any livery uploaded to any other website or using any other means is ineligible for use in CC and will be removed".
    This would stop any instances of people uploading anything other than items created on their own machines and duplication of livery from "non-authorised sources" such as 3rd party mod sites (and by non-authorised I mean places where DTG have no control and which would need removing for a support ticket to be possible)

5. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

Hi Jason, I just used your great Northern Rail 150 livery for my next channel video. Unlike above though I show your CC screenshot for it in the video so people can subscribe and also mention you by name and in the video notes. Should be out later today. Love that livery, great work

• Like Like x 2
  6. matinakbary

And that's how it should be. Thanks for the transparency!

• Like Like x 1
  7. jasonpfc

Thanks mate, I love sharing and creating liveries for others to use, I even do requested ones, just some of the community dont show appreciation for it some times.

Ping me on discord when it's up and I'll take a look.

• Like Like x 2
  8. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I’m just wondering how in the long term people would remember who made what to correctly give credit to the original creator when using a livery in a scenario that they share. When uploading to CC you give everyone the right to use your work without any credit. Using a livery in a scenario isn’t necessarily passing the work off as their own.
    I agree that it a shameful thing to do, knowing that they didn’t create the liveries, something that a user would definitely know. However, when sharing something outside of CC you have created the opportunity for people to pass your unlicensed use of a company’s IP off as their own through a fully licensed platform. I’m under the impression that if you share something that way you may have to accept that people are going to use it and share it along, with or without credit. Considering you may be using an other party’s IP in your creations, something which you have no authority to do outside of CC, asking for credit is a double edged sword. Reporting and asking for the removal may be tricky too. You are unprotected really and it would be difficult for DTG to verify your assertion that you are the original creator, not the person uploading the livery. After all, two people could make the same livery. If you make your liveries and share them only through CC you are protected as there is no way of this happening.

• Like Like x 1
  9. jasonpfc

I'm happy to share my liveries for others to use them, it's just a little gutting when you see others using them, acting like they made them, maybe it's just a personal thing? I dunno.
    I'm not disagreeing with you however.

• Like Like x 1
  10. matinakbary

Yes, I know this. It's some kind of trust one has to give. I know very well, that this case is beyond DTG's CC. That's why I kindly asked the team, if they can do something about it. But if they can't because it's not within DTG's responsibility but rather my willingness to give away the orginal file through another distribution source, that's fine and I understand.
    But anyways, i managed to contact the creator of the mod and he apologised and took them offline. So it's no problem, I don't want to demonize it any further :)

• Like Like x 1
  11. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

I would imagine the issue of copyright would put the onus on the publishers and moderators of those publishers to "do something about it"

12. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Contacting them yourself is probably the best way of going about it, and an apology is a good outcome.

• Like Like x 1
  13. matinakbary

We all do mistakes. He did one and delivered an apology. That case is closed. But similar cases may arise in the future. Maybe DTG should have some kind of anwser to adress these things. Like an ingame reporting system where one is forced to explain, why the item should be removed.

• Like Like x 1