Rescue Run.

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by andyscotland, Oct 31, 2022.

1. andyscotland

andyscotland Well-Known Member

Has anybody done the 'rescue run' scenario with a class 45? Going into Leeds you come to a red light and have to request to proceed but it seems to stay red, there is other movement on the tracks but even after that it stays red....

2. marcsharp2

marcsharp2 Well-Known Member

Yep I've done it several times, even though it stays red you'll be OK to pass it once you have permission from the signaller.

• Like Like x 2
  3. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Often you're either contacting the signaller and TOLD to proceed or there's a smaller signal (two white lights at a 45 degree angle) which act as the call on signal
    The main signal will remain red

***Just checked, the call on signal is there on the signal where you stop and do the request, but it doesn't light up as it should***

• Like Like x 1
  4. andyscotland

andyscotland Well-Known Member

Ok, when I tried it I got a SPAD on both occasions

5. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

I tried it on PC just before posting (and adding in the starred comment) and when I contacted the signaller I got a message to proceed at reduced speed and could then pass the signal. If you approach the signal, stop at the correct place and get told to contact the signaller then you should be fine.
    If you don't stop close enough to get that "contact the signaller" instruction then maybe that's an issue but that's guessing on my part

• Like Like x 1
  6. David Malburn

David Malburn Member

What you have to do is stop at the signal then hold 0 on the pad to contact the signaller you will get a message to proceed at reduce ,
    Speed , Then you should be fine to go , hope this helps you

• Like Like x 1
  7. reggie#6125

reggie#6125 New Member

Spent ages on this scenario, I pull up to the red light where indicated. Press and hold left on the controller and it acknowledges this and says proceed to leeds, however the minute I pass the red light it stops the game and restarts. Been a good game upto now. Any advice thanks?

8. Krazy

Krazy Well-Known Member

Is the game telling you to hold left? This could be an issue where it is giving prompts for classic controls, even though the game allows you to use immersion controls on most routes.

You have to hold the circle button on your controller to contact the signaller.

9. reggie#6125

reggie#6125 New Member

Thanks for quick reply, yes screen says hold left then says proceed to station will try holding circle next time