[resolved] - Crashing On Start-up - Game Pass (pc)

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by DTG JD, Sep 6, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

Hello folks,

We're trying to get the bottom of something we're seeing reported, and would appreciate any information you're able to give us! Have you seen a crash upon start-up after playing the game on PC with Game Pass? If so, we'd appreciate you telling us:
    • Where did the crash(es) happen?
    • With the error message you're receiving please?
    • And can I confirm all of the routes are fully downloaded before you've started playing?
    • And are you on Windows 10 or Windows 11?
    Thank you for your cooperation.

EDIT: If you are experiencing issues, deleting this file C:\Program
    Files\WindowsApps\DovetailGames.TrainSimWorld3Wurzburg_1.0.450.0_x64__8zrtwt33k1hxt\TS2Prototype\Content\DLC and then reinstalling Wurzburg should be able to help. We're awaiting another build of Wurzburg to go live, which we think is causing the issues.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  2. trigzd

trigzd Active Member

I had a crash on startup and received the attached error. All of the routes were fully downloaded, verifying game files was attempted and didn't appear to have any affect, same with running in administrator.
    Running on Windows 11.

Attached Files:

3. luckyluca

luckyluca New Member

I have expirenced the game crash on startup with xbox game pass for pc. I pre downloaded the game some time ago. Did the update to the released version today and got this error:
    [​IMG]
    I have managed to fix this by deleting the file in: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\DovetailGames.TrainSimWorld3Wurzburg_1.0.450.0_x64__8zrtwt33k1hxt\TS2Prototype\Content\DLC. I am running windows 10. I have downloaded the entire game before i started playing it and haven't purchased any aditional routes. I am not sure if that is the awnser you are looking for in the question: "
    • And can I confirm all of the routes are fully downloaded before you've started playing".
    I hope you can find something based on this information. If you need any other information just let me know and i would be happy to help.

4. spudgun555

spudgun555 New Member

I had pre-downloaded the game. Upon starting the game an update kicked off and downloaded Southeastern High Speed and Cajon Pass. Nothing mentioned about Wurzburg at that point. Starting the game seemed normal, but while loading gave a "UE4-TS2Prototype" game error that "TS2Prototype-WinGDK-SFSKasselWurzburg.pak" is invalid because "-1 is bigger than file size...".

I tried to Verify and Repair within the Xbox app, restarted, tried Check for Updates within the Xbox app all without success.
    I removed and re-installed which initially only downloaded the base game and not the 3 DLCs.
    I quit the Xbox app, restarted it and it began downloading the 3 DLCs. This completed successfully and I was able to play.
    Windows 10 user

5. trigzd

trigzd Active Member

I've just completed a full reinstall. Whilst the trains don't seem to appear when you go into a timetable mode either through the trains or routes options, if you spawn on foot you can indeed grab a train and drive as you would expect

6. DTG JD

So, for context, we have a patch currently stuck in Microsoft's pipeline which is the Wurzburg updated build. We don't have an ETA on the release of it, but it appears that may be causing it.

If you are experiencing issues, deleting this file C:\Program
    Files\WindowsApps\DovetailGames.TrainSimWorld3Wurzburg_1.0.450.0_x64__8zrtwt33k1hxt\TS2Prototype\Content\DLC and then reinstalling Wurzburg should be able to help.

• Helpful Helpful x 3
  7. mgg1959

mgg1959 New Member

Hi, i can't get access to that folder, access denied?, any other way? , btw, my problem is with the london route, game crash on starting , thanks

Last edited: Sep 8, 2022
  8. philosopical#6854

philosopical#6854 New Member

Yeah. My situation was strange because I was able to play on Day 1 but then I kept getting this message "THIS APP CAN'T OPEN. Check the Windows Store for more info about Train Sim World 3®." and haven't been able to play since. Upon start-up, once it gets to the main title, it just crashes.

I've tried everything, uninstalling and then re-installing. Removing files and nothing. All my other games work fine, it's just Train Sim World 3 that I can't play

Check the Windows Store for more info about Train Sim World 3®.

Attached Files:

9. DTG JD

There was an update launched yesterday morning (around 1am UK time) which should have solved this issue on PC Game Pass. It sounds like this might be a separate issue, so can I ask that you follow the instructions here please for me?

https://dovetailgames.freshdesk.com...000896131-experiencing-technical-issues-guide

Just checking: did you receive an update yesterday? If not, it's worth checking if you have any updates queuing.

If you did receive the update and you're up-to-date, this definitely falls outside my area of expertise, I'm afraid - https://dovetailgames.freshdesk.com...000896131-experiencing-technical-issues-guide this might help, but I'd recommend getting in contact with one of the team to see if they're able to advise you.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.