PC (resolved) Lgv: “whiteout” Bug

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by MrMango47, Dec 30, 2020.

1. MrMango47

MrMango47 New Member

Last night, I was playing the return journey scenario (the 60-minute one. I can’t remember the name) and, on the first leg of the journey, shortly after passing Aix-en Provence, the entire cab went blank: no texture, nothing to be seen through the windscreen, just blank white. About a minute later, the texture did somewhat reappear, but with a greenish/blueish hue.

When I managed to get to Marseille and exit the cab, entering the other TGV was far more difficult because I soon discovered that merely looking at every TGV caused the whiteout bug to take effect. If it was in the corner of your screen, the screen would have the same overpowering greenish sparkle as previously mentioned.

I thought that maybe there was a bug within the scenario itself so I just tried spawning walking at Marseille in a blizzard (what can I say? I’m trying to experience the winter!). Anyways, that, too, caused a “whiteout”, and not in the snow sense, but as in the sense of the TGV cab of nothing could be seen.

I should also point out that my camera buttons stopped working during this scenario and I started encountering more game crashes after that occurrence, too. The latter of which could’ve been a fluke, but you never know.

EDIT: I found out what was causing this bug and later fixed it. My hard drive was practically dead, but I replaced it with an SSD and now it's running as fast as the TGVs mentioned here!

Last edited: Mar 4, 2021
    • Like Like x 1