Restarting A Scenario After Saving: Direction Switch And Lights

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by inversnecky, Jan 9, 2022.

1. inversnecky

inversnecky Well-Known Member

I just reopened an already started scenario on the Birmingham Cross City, and like I've seen on other occasions, on rejoining an already started scenario, with the train in full motion, the direction switch is back to neutral. Why doesn't TS remember this setting allong with others?

Also, tail lights were switched on in addition to the daylight ones.

Does TS presume that every time a scenario is reopened (doesn't apply to all), a train should have a default setting of neutral and tail lights, as if it was stationary?

Normally it wouldn’t be such an issue, but the 323 (which I don’t have much experience with yet), acts like the brake has been applied when reopening in neutral, and grinds to a halt within seconds! With the 323 you also have to put the PBT into brake position before you can even change the direction switch to forward, you can’t readily regain everything as with other trains. So you have to go from 90 to 0 to reset, then build up speed again…

20220109142323_1.jpg

Last edited: Jan 9, 2022
  2. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Don't save a scenario if the train is moving and you are going to restart it.
    Stop at a Station if you wish to save it - or a Signal.

3. inversnecky

inversnecky Well-Known Member

Will do that with the 323 ones. I had got in the habit of saving before a station to avoid the issue of the mysterious X appearing on the task list, so I could rerun from the previous point without having to redo maybe 40 mins.

But I can check for the tick before I save and move on: better to do it that way as you say.