Restricting Signal On Acses Departing Penn Station Southbound

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Papp, May 8, 2018.

1. Papp

Papp New Member

Has anyone else been receiving a restricting aspect and a 20 MPH speed limit when departing south from Penn station while using ATC and ACSES? It stays at 20 MPH all of the way out of the tunnel. It shouldn't do that. Once the end of the train clears the interlocking, the ACSES system should upgrade itself. It will give a 60 MPH speed limit with the ACSES cut out and the ATC cut in but will still show a restricting in the ADU. It makes it really hard to run on time. Please someone let me know how to fix the issue. Thanks.
    -John Papp
    Amtrak Carmen-NPN, VA

• Like Like x 1
  2. pschlik

pschlik Well-Known Member

Yes, been getting this as well, very annoying, makes being on time pretty much impossible.

3. Sintbert

Sintbert Well-Known Member

I had it also. The last signal before the tunnel was simply stuck on restricting. And since the next signal is 3 miles away that was it with any timetable.
    Also driving into Penn station from the east is a pain since all the signals in the tunnel are stuck to approach even when there is nothing up to the first switches.

4. hightower

hightower Guest

I’ve got it as well.

5. cActUsjUiCe

cActUsjUiCe Developer

The Penn signals are messed up. A clear aspect shows Restricting in the cab and this shouldnt be the case

• Like Like x 3
  6. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

Just had this problem last night. Has DTG acknowledged this as a problem and if so any mention of a timeline for a fix... ( I know, I live in a land of Unicorns and Rainbows,but heck, can’t hurt asking :) ).

• Like Like x 1
  7. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

I do believe that they know.

8. cActUsjUiCe

cActUsjUiCe Developer

They know. The issue is that they only have one signalling guy and he is currently working on signals for future projects. It's possible that he may get shifted back to fix residual issues. All hope is not lost...but it will take a while before it's addressed.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  9. Daniel Bloch

Daniel Bloch Well-Known Member

cActUsjUiCe : ah that's why GWE and RT signals are still not fixed, and maybe never get fixed because the signaling guy is working on future projects?

• Like Like x 2
  10. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

I certainly hope not but it wouldn’t surprise me to see the early TSW routes abandoned. Just like the original TS York - Newcastle route which is unheard of these days.

11. LeadCatcher

Sort of sad that the safety options are in such disarray. So if you want a realistic run, you must do it without the safety features enabled. While I am a big supporter of DTG for TS2018, can’t see how I can overlook this problem on the NEC. I have been running mostly the freight services on this DLC since I enjoy freight more than commuters. Oh well here hoping for a future fix (sooner would be better).

• Like Like x 2
  12. Anthony Pecoraro

Except for the tunnels and in Penn Station itself, the other signaling works well. I still use ATC and ACSES.

• Like Like x 2
  13. LeadCatcher

The fact that ACES shows restricted for the entire length of the tunnel from NY Penn to tunnel exit means there isn’t anyway you can keep your assigned schedule for any service in that direction. I have had several instances where an emergency application even when brakes where in suppression and throttle zeroed which should have prevent full emergency application. So I would say a bit more work is needed so any services heading to NJ from NYPenn can be run properly.

14. Anthony Pecoraro

The problem is with ATC, not ACSES.

15. LeadCatcher

Ok there is a problem - and that problem with restricting signals, ATC and as others have suggested ACES - makes running the services heading toward NewarkPenn or Liberty International where you can’t keep the assigned schedule. And this needs to be addressed.

16. Anthony Pecoraro

ACSES is for speed limits, ATC is for signaling.

• Like Like x 1
  17. LeadCatcher

As I stated in my last comment whatever it is THERE IS A PROBLEM. And inorder to be able to successfully complete the services the problems must be addressed. I am not convinced ACES is working properly since the time between alarm, brake application and speed reduction is not always recognized and a full emergency application is applied and the alarm can’t be acknowledged till full stop. This is even with the suppression signal flashing then going solid as per the instructions.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  18. Anthony Pecoraro

I never said that there weren’t problems.

19. LeadCatcher

Fine -- not sure of your point - but at least we agree -- it needs to be fixed.

It isn't like I am a newbie to train simulations -- have well over 4500 in TS and several hundred in TSW. I am behind DTG's efforts - and was just commenting the problems in this particular DLC are, in my case, stopping me from getting maximum enjoyment out of the program. Hoping to hear of a solution in the near future.

20. Anthony Pecoraro

As cActUsjUiCe said, there is one signal guy, and he is working on other projects. Hopefully he will have a chance to go back and fix it.

21. cActUsjUiCe

cActUsjUiCe Developer

To clear things up, the issue with the tunnel signals are as follows:
    1) When traveling east, the signal at CP MID should not display Approach unless the signal at A is a stop signal.

2) The Clear signals should NOT give a Restricting aspect in the cab. EVER.

3) When traveling east, the signals in the East River tunnels should not always be Approach when all the further signal blocks are devoid of traffic or conflicting train movements.

The signals in the tunnels are a huge issue right now.

• Like Like x 5