Resume Bugs!

Discussion in 'Technical Reports' started by trainsimplayer2020, Nov 13, 2020.

1. trainsimplayer2020

trainsimplayer2020 Well-Known Member

If I play a full scenario without quit it and then resume it works normal.

But if I quit and then come back and resume I get driver quality and also some locos the pantograth is down and then I can't ress it unless I do it inside the loco.

And on Arlbahn I quit the game and then the next day I wanted to continue the train did not wanna stop and last station even that I had full brake on the train.
    Had to restart it 3 times from the beginning so I could finish it normal.

It just kept on accelerating and then it derailed.

2. triznya.andras

triznya.andras Well-Known Member

It's general wisdom that resuming doesn't always work. Can try it, of course, it often works.
    You shouldn't ever save under power or braking.
    In some cases, your train should be stationary, too. In some cases, the train stretches out after loading, so any in progress "stop" type instruction fails.
    If you are on a slope, driving a train with some "slow brake script", chances are your train will run away until the pressure builds up.
    Many trains are scripted and train state isn't stored and picked up properly when reloading, causing random issues.

I hope it helps with the approach. I also hope / wish DTG might look into it and improve upon it.

3. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

When a real driver wishes to leave the train he brings it to a stop first.
    Doing that in the game should work - you should then be able to resume.

There used to be a way you could have a Rolling Start but I think that was removed as it caused a lot of problems
    Similar to resuming a Scenario where the train is moving

Peter