Revamp Arosalinie: Chur - Arosa

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Passarino, Nov 9, 2021.

1. Passarino

Passarino Member

With Rivet's newest route showing some impressive scenery, in my opinion, I would love to see Arosalinie get a makeover. It's such a neat and unique route, but with horrible sounds and scenery. I'm not certain it would be too profitable, but I would really hope that this can happen in the future. Even a small patch changing the color of the mountains to something more correct would be nice. I just wish this route would get more love in the development aspect because it is so nice to have something different from the repetitive German/US/UK routes over and over. Don't get me wrong, I dig any new route, but I think that this route should get some more attention.
    (Side note: I'm not sure if it's really appropriate to post a suggestion for Rivet in the DTG forums? I don't know where else to put it.)

• Like Like x 1
  2. Stephen Crofts

Stephen Crofts Well-Known Member

I totally agree, the effort in wcl has made me reconsider investing in river’s future work. So we know what they are capable of.

Also arosa line’s uniqueness, to me, means it is well and truly worth going back and working on its shortcomings to make it a gold-star product.

however,
    1) past experience tells us nothing will happen.
    2) the sounds in wcl probably means there won’t be much change on that front.
    3) it took a big push from the community here concerning the look of the coastal areas for rivet to go back and finally produce wcl’s amazing seascape.

3. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Well equally there are those of us who feel Rivet dropped the ball on WCL. It bears only a passing resemblance to the prototype and is rife with issues and errors. Sad fact re Arosa is that Rivet seem firmly locked into a fire and forget mindset, even when their work isn't very good.