PC Rhein-ruhr Osten - Not Enough Power To Get Up The Hill

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Jonsutt1, Apr 2, 2022.

1. Jonsutt1

Jonsutt1 Active Member

I'm really enjoying driving the Br185 freight services in this game. However there is one journey I just cannot seem to complete. It is the 12th journey in the Freight Driver list, entitled 'Petroleum - Hagen Freight Yard > Wuppertal-Langerfeld Yard'.

Here I'm driving a single Br185 with 20 x tankers and a total weight of 1878t. I don't seem to have sufficient power/traction to get up the 1.7% gradient on the approach to Ennepetal. Max throttle setting I can achieve with sand applied is 8. Any more throttle and I get wheel slip. The train gets slower and slower until it eventually stops. Once stopped it is impossible to move forward again.

Anyone managed to complete this journey and if so how did you do it?

2. Thorgred

Thorgred Active Member

you could try overspeeding before you hit the gradient
    or just drop off a few tanker wagons at the start it will give a little error message at the end but you get points and a medal anyway

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  3. Jonsutt1

Jonsutt1 Active Member

Thanks, but I was already going as fast as I could before I got to the gradient. Unfortunately no chance of speeding! The load just seems too great for this loco. I take the point that I could leave some wagons behind at the start, but somehow that seems to defeat the object. I would have thought this journey should be possible as designed.