Rivet Games : The Final Straw

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Coastway trainspotter, Apr 15, 2021.

1. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

Hi everyone ,

Now I know this thread is about rivet games and this is the dtg forums , but I feel there will be more people here who can relate to what I’m saying . So basically this afternoon I attempted to do another arosa service , but halfway through the journey I was on a single track line , heading into a double track station . Now the signal in front of me was red , even though there was an empty platform that I could go into , yet I waited almost 15 minutes and nothing changed , so I had to give up the service . I then chose a different service , but not long into the service I got stuck at another red signal which there would be no problem passing , there would be room for another train . Now I know that ARL has had a patch , but I’ve discovered a lot more bugs since the patch . When I first played IOW it was full of bugs , but it got a good patch and is now perfectly playable . However with ARL , there were a few minor issues , but nothing major preventing me from finishing any services . But instead of the patch fixing a few minor issues , it just threw a load of bugs at ARL , which is not a good sign because it could be a while until the next ARL patch . If this sort of thing happens with the next Rivet games route , I think that will be the last dlc I buy from them . I really wish I’d saved my money for HBL instead , as it looks like a top quality dlc .

Thanks for reading

• Like Like x 6
  2. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Can you post a bug report, naming the services and which stations you got stuck at, as that means other people can potentially try those services to see what the issue is, or add if they have the same issue. I’ve not read of anyone else having this problem yet.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Coastway trainspotter

I do already have a thread open about the red signal problem , but I don’t want to get banned for spam

• Like Like x 1
  4. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Okay, I’ll check it out. I’ve not had the issue myself but hopefully it gets sorted.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

What does the dispatcher say when you hit the red light? Can't say I've run into this problem myself, but that's always my first thought.

6. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I believe he may be a victim of inadvertently contacting the dispatcher when it isn’t necessary which can cause random signals to turn red. A bug with more than one route, if not all of them. He has a video of it happening in the bug report he mentions above and the signal is green as he approaches, then simultaneously a ‘proceed as signals dictate’ message comes up and the signal turns red, which is what happens when you contact the dispatcher when it isn’t expecting to be contacted. I’ve also replied on the bug report that I believe that is what is occurring. It’s easily done.

7. Coastway trainspotter

It just says proceed at restricted speed , and doesn’t acknowledge that the signal is red

8. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

Then once again you are allowed to depart

9. Coastway trainspotter

Through a red signal into a platform?

10. CowBoyWolf

yup if there is not a train in the way

11. Coastway trainspotter

Ok , I just didn’t want to spad

12. CowBoyWolf

otherwise just save if you spad then reload it

13. Coastway trainspotter

But then the objectives are lost and it would be a waste of saving and reloading

14. CowBoyWolf

hmmm for me it works
    PC btw here

15. Coastway trainspotter

Is the objectives being lost only on console ? I thought it had been an issue on all platforms for quite some time

• Like Like x 1
  16. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

There is an issue with saving on all platforms as far as I know, but it is just so weird that it is actually hard to pin down when, where and why a session breaks when saving or reloading.
    It is that random that I decided for myself to never press "save" and to never reload since I had so many problems with it.

Others report that it works fine, so I believe it really depends on a lot of factors...

17. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

That's interesting. I was not aware of this bug. Does it happen on all platforms? On PC it would mean 2 accidental mouse clicks.

18. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I’m not sure. I’ve had it a couple of times on PS4 and I think I remember it also being on xbox as well. It’s very easy to do by accident on a controller as the same button (circle on PS4) is used for acknowledging all safety systems. Hold it down a little longer than needed for that and you contact the dispatcher. It was originally spotted by people playing German routes soon after TSW2 launched, as some players were used to holding the button down when passing signals when using PZB in TSW2020, and contacting the dispatcher was through a pop up menu then.

19. Rybnicki

Rybnicki Well-Known Member

And if you do proceed at restricted, does it fail you?

20. Coastway trainspotter

No

21. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Depending on the specifics of the signal, there may be no alternate aspect besides red for it to display, or it might not be changeable by the dispatcher. This latter is especially true of automatic block signals, which change according to the presence or absence of a train in the block and have no remote control.

Explicit dispatcher permission overrides a signal. Note however that on German routes, and on UK routes fitted with TPWS, one may have to press the appropriate override button before proceeding, since both systems are primed to stop any train that passes the red signal otherwise.