PlayStation Roadmap Streams

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Mattty May, Apr 8, 2021.

1. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

On a visible part of the background during Roadmap Streams, please can we have something like...

This is our Roadmap stream. Discussion will be limited to the Roadmap and work done by the Preserved Crew.

ATTENTION!! During the stream we will not:
    1. Give any release dates.
    2. Provide specific updates on upcoming routes/trains/locomotives.
    3. Answer any questions about future route planning.
    4. Answer any questions about future feature additions including the introduction of passenger announcements unless they’re on the Roadmap.
    Plus any other points that get raised every Roadmap stream each fortnight that cannot be given an answer.

I’m going to suggest that most people who watch the streams have watched them before and know the routine, but yet still ask questions that don’t apply to the Roadmap. As such, questions about the Roadmap might go unanswered.

It probably won’t make any difference, but it should at least stop Sam/Adam to repeat every five minutes that they can’t or won’t answer something because of X, Y, Z. It also sets the expectation for viewers.

Just a suggestion.

• Like Like x 7
  2. Knightfire1964

Knightfire1964 Well-Known Member

i think if they made it visible it may reduce people asking so i definitely would go for something like this but feel people will still be asking the same questions like you have listed

• Like Like x 2
  3. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

People will inevitably still ask, but any reduction to said questions will be good for everyone involved.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Knightfire1964

there is space below sam and adam to have something below them maybe

• Like Like x 1
  5. Knightfire1964

upload_2021-4-8_15-18-26.png here's a screenshot of the stream on tuesday just for reference

• Like Like x 1
  6. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Is such a "big brother" attitude really necessary? Let people ask whatever they wish. There are moderators in the chat room and the stream hosts are free to ignore anything they don't want to respond to and they frequently do. I think you're overreacting.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

It just wastes everyone’s time, which could be spent more productively.

• Like Like x 2
  8. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

I agree. If they want to ask the question let them. Also there might be a new person who is new to the roadmap stream or late and may want to ask a question that might already be asked and they seem to have enough time to answer questions so I don't think it's a waste of time. It's up to dtg to answer it or not. There's also a moderator in the chat who can answer the questions if they so wish

• Like Like x 1
  9. Crosstie

Whose time? I've watched every roadmap stream since whenever and I've yet to see Sam, in particular, waste any time on irrelevant questions or comments. If you make the chat more "sterile", you'll likely reduce the streams' entertainment value, which is a big reason many of us tune in.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

The amount of time spent talking about licensing and every follow on question that got the same answer and the questions about passenger announcements in Tuesday stream. It felt as if far too much time was spent on this, when neither applied to the Roadmap. That time could have been spent allowing Adam more time to talk about the work he’d done on LIRR or what he was planning to do on WSR/Bakerloo line.

• Like Like x 1
  11. tallboy7648

The work that is done on the lirr is on the roadmap. (Well on the removed section that is) Also Adam said he doesn't know what he's gonna do for the Bakerloo line yet in the roadmap stream. There gonna scope the route to find what improvements will be done to it. I don't think your taking into account new players who may be interested on how dtg get licensing or may have a question even if the question was asked before so while yes the questions may be repetitive, there's no harm in asking them

• Like Like x 1
  12. Thunderer

Thunderer Well-Known Member

The SPAMMING IN CAPS of the same question over and over is annoying, many genuine questions are missed because the spam and removal messages fill up the chat box.

Obviously some people's lives are incomplete until the passenger information systems on route X are in the game, but is there any need to spam the question over and over and over...

• Like Like x 5
  13. tallboy7648

I felt a robot had kept repeating those questions. At least dtg know there is a demand for passenger announcements. Personally I would like to see them myself as well

Last edited: Apr 8, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  14. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I just think it can’t hurt to set a bit of an agenda for the stream and to set expectations of what will and won’t be discussed/answered in the stream. If it can be seen visually that release dates won’t be given (for example), it lets people know such questions won’t be answered - without having someone waste their time asking and either being ignored or just a ‘we don’t give release dates’ response etc.

15. tallboy7648

I see where your coming from but then again there are moderators in the chat for a reason. Maybe the moderator needs to do a better job.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Crosstie

Well, actually, I found Sam's talk on the licensing question very informative. But, look, you're obviously very serious about this and I'm just barking at the moon here. So, have it your way and have a nice day.

• Like Like x 1
  17. tallboy7648

The licensing talk was informative so I don't get the issue with talking about other things

18. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

It was nice to see this feedback taken on board and incorporated into the stream tonight. Whether it ultimately does what it’s meant to do, only time will tell.

• Like Like x 2