Roadmap Update - 12th January 2021

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Natster, Jan 12, 2021.

1. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

[​IMG]
    Read the article here

This Roadmap thread lists all individual tasks currently scheduled for the development and QA teams. Historically these are items that would have been on the main Roadmap but were felt to go into a distracting level of information.

This is primarily a list of fixes that are in development and, much like the main Roadmap, are split into different stages.

UPCOMING
    [Fix] Red signals encountered in Scenario Planner for Northern Trans-Pennine
    [Fix] Red signals encountered in Scenario Planner for Great Western Express
    [Fix] Great Western Express High Speed Train accelerating incorrectly
    [Fix] Reinstate London landmarks for Console on Bakerloo Line
    [Fix] East Coastway Class 66 is appearing in place of the Great Western Express Class 66 in Aggregate Industries scenario
    [Fix] Player train derails when entering Acton Yard at the end of Aggregate Industries scenario on Great Western Express
    [Fix] It is possible to create a scenario without selecting a locomotive in the Scenario Planner
    [Fix] The search box cannot be reached when using a controller in the Scenario Planner
    [Fix] Its possible to complete the final objective without stopping at the designated place in the Great Western Express Class 166 Introduction
    [Fix] There is no marker near the cab door as in other training introductions, in the Great Western Express Class 166 Introduction
    [Fix] Setting the Throttle to Notch 1 completes objective that states set it ABOVE Notch 1 in the Great Western Express scenario Christmas Closure
    [Fix]It is not possible to set the required throttle notch in the Great Western Express scenario Class 66 Introduction
    [Improvement] Locomotives of the same name appear twice in the formation list for Scenario Designer
    [Improvement] Initial focus is not on the marker list in the Scenario Planner making it hard to create scenarios

IN PRODUCTION
    [Fix] Localisation correction on introduction video subtitles.
    [Fix] Reports of Player Objectives being scrambled upon resuming from a save game
    [Fix] Out of Memory reports caused by particular routes or trains - multiple occurences
    [Fix] Trains spawning backwards in Scenario Designer
    [Fix] Several Timetable services experiencing a game crash approximately 2km from Koln
    [Fix] Reports of a game crash for Peninsula Corridor
    [Fix] Settings not being saved between game sessions
    [Fix] Stop Points on Bakerloo Line are not aligned with the platform monitors
    [Fix] Cannot complete collectibles on Bakerloo Line
    [Fix] Cannot earn gold medals on Empty to Depot services on East Coastway
    [Fix] Service 1D35 on Great Western Express is blocked by a red signal at Maidenhead
    [Fix] Cannot achieve a goal medal in Driving Rain scenario on Northern Trans-Pennine
    [Fix] The objective marker is incorrectly placed for 'BEGIN REFUELLING' in the Great Western Express scenario Aggregate Industries
    [Fix] The locomotive continues to run even after Control and fuel pump switch is set to OFF during Engine Startup in the Great Western Express Class 66 Introduction
    [Fix] Some Stop point markers are placed at wrong end of chosen location for scenarios created in the Scenario Planner
    [Fix] Service 1P51 on Great Western Express requires wrong side doors to be opened at London Paddington
    [Improvement] BR182 Livery Designer Compatibility (Rapid Transit)
    [Improvement] Class 52 Livery Designer Compatibility (West Somerset Railway)
    [Improvement] MP36PH-3C 'Baby Bullet' Livery Designer Compatibility (Penninsula Corridor)
    [Improvement] Add Platform Departure Boards to Long Island Railroad DLC
    [Improvement] Add Platform Departure Boards to East Coastway DLC
    [Improvement] Add Platform Departure Boards to Rapid Transit DLC
    [Improvement] Add RailDriver Support to Great Western Express
    [Improvement] Add RailDriver Support to Northern Trans-Pennine
    [Improvement] Add RailDriver Support to East Coastway

IN PLANNING
    [Fix] Wagons can clip through the closed Wagon repair shop doors in the Class 20 scenario Chopper and Change
    [Fix] Peninsula Corridor fix overlapping wagons
    [Fix] Ruhr-Sieg Nord pathing error fix
    [Fix] Stop NPCs crossing the tracks at level crossings on Rapid Transit
    [Fix] Dynamic Brakes not working correctly on CSX AC4400 on Sand Patch Grade
    [Fix] Untranslated content on Hauptstrecke Rhein-Ruhr
    [Fix]Freight Exchange scenario on Ruhr-Sieg Nord is blocked by a red signal at the start
    [Fix] Koln-Aachen - Missing bridge west of Duren Hbf. Only affects consoles.
    [Fix] Some S-Bahn services on Koln-Aachen are getting stuck a red signals attempting to traverse the single line section
    [Fix] Wagons can clip through the closed Wagon repair shop doors in the Class 20 scenario Chopper and Change
    [Fix] Rail vehicles spawn overlapping each other at Minehead station on the West Somerset Railway
    [Fix] Incorrect footstep audio is observed on platforms on the West Somerset
    [Fix] Some of the content provided with the Heavy Freight Pack is untranslated
    [Fix] Hayes & Harlington service in Down the Line scenario on Great Western Express cannot be completed
    [Fix] Service 1B05 on Great Western Express is blocked by a red signal at London Paddington
    [Fix] Creating a scenario from Brighton P8 to Seaford P2 results in a red signal at the start on East Coastway
    [Fix] Creating a scenario from Stonebridge Park does not work on Bakerloo Line
    [Improvement] The Class 377 EMU brakes are over-powered on East Coastway
    [Improvement] Expansion of services in the timetable for Bakerloo Line
    [Improvement] Expansion of Sand Patch Grade train formation options in the Scenario Designer
    [Improvement] Expansion of Peninsula Corridor train formation options in the Scenario Designer
    [Improvement] Add Safety System Indicators to the HUD
    [Improvement] User guides and manuals
    [Improvement] Standard download size reduction
    [Improvement] Change "Do you want to end this session" popup from Yes to No by default
    [Improvement] The 'Go Via' objective text is blended with the background in the East Coastway scenario Enthusiast Excursion
    [Improvement] Severe FPS drops encountered in Heavy Freight Pack scenario Standedge Struggle
    [Improvement] The UI shows the 'Hamburger' button to start scenarios in the Scenario Planner, but it should be the A or X button depending on the console
    [Improvement] Placement of selection highlight is in the middle of the list while adding a service

UNDER INVESTIGATION
    [Investigate] Gold Panning trophy reported as not unlocking
    [Investigate] Signals do not clear if AI trains are run infront of the player on Long Island Railroad for user created scenarios
    [Investigate] HUD reported as not working correctly for the MP36PH-3C Baby Bullet locomotive.
    [Investigate] In-cab controls for the Headlights on the BR 143 are reported as not working
    [Investigate] Adding layers to Hauptstrecke Munchen - Augsburg on console
    [Investigate] Door command not working on Talent 2.
    [Investigate] AMD driver compatibility and stability
    [Investigate] Poor performance reported for the Northern Trans-Pennine route
    [Investigate] Reports of the M3 on Long Island Railroad having a degraded audio experience
    [Investigate] Reports of the M7 on Long Island Railroad having a degraded audio experience
    [Investigate] Reports of the Environment Audio of East Coastway being reduced
    [Investigate] Reports of the Class 377 on East Coastway having a degraded audio experience
    [Investigate] Reports of the trains on Main-Spessart Bahn having a degraded audio experience
    [Investigate] Reports of issues with the Rail Joint audio on the BR425 on Hauptstrecke Rhein-Ruhr
    [Investigate] Reports of issues with the Bell in the GP38-2 on Sand Patch Grade
    [Investigate] Reports of the BR Class 20 on Tees Valley Line having a degraded audio experience
    [Investigate] Reports of the MP36PH-3C 'Baby Bullet' on Peninsula Corridor having a degraded audio experience
    [Investigate] Reports of the F40PH-2CAT on Peninsula Corridor having a degraded audio experience
    [Investigate] Reports of the BR143 on Ruhr-Sieg Nord having a degraded audio experience
    [Investigate] Reports of the BR155 on Ruhr-Sieg Nord having a degraded audio experience
    [Investigate] Reports of looping artifacts in the audio of the Rapid Transit BR1442
    [Investigate] Reports of looping artifacts in the audio of the Koln-Aachen BR442

Last edited: Jan 12, 2021
    • Like Like x 32
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  2. 4-COR

4-COR Well-Known Member

• [Core] Steam

• Like Like x 16
  3. Mkdog45

Mkdog45 Well-Known Member

Still no PIS on Koln to Aachen?

• Like Like x 4
  4. JAAK

JAAK Member

the site crashed

• Like Like x 3
  5. JZJ90

JZJ90 Active Member

I just get a 500 server error when I try to load the roadmap. I guess the hype was too much!

• Like Like x 3
  6. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Steam is pretty big news, I guess we will see what did you chose as the first steam loco when the next batch of add-ons will be releaved, I can't wait! :D

Pretty big roadmap, I am really happy about the direction this game is taking, yesterday's update for LGV was great as well.

Also the G6 will be for RRO, shunting at Hagen or the container siding? And can it be substituted for a 363 and/or 204?

Now the only unanswered question is Skyhooks' IT

7. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

Well at least they moved the bug checklist to here so it doesn't make reading the roadmap a big task

• Like Like x 1
  8. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

Steam Trains confirmed to be coming to TSW 2.

99898C4C-B43E-4459-BC1C-EDFF0514F94C.png

• Like Like x 7
  9. RailFan97

RailFan97 Active Member

Got myself too excited for this Roadmap. Pretty underwhelming and still no date for Southeastern High Speed.

Hopefully the Class 313 means we could see a West Coastway route in the future. I'm also hoping for more Southeastern routes as it won't take long to get bored of driving the 375 and 465 between Faversham and Rochester.

• Like Like x 7
  10. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

Uncrashed now ...

11. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Some of the entries on the roadmap seem like they’ll never get here. Hopefully now that Christmas is out of the way there can be a real push to fix as many issues as quickly as reasonably possible.

I see there is still no mention of:
    • The messed up jobs on RSN & LIRR
    • Persisting trophy issues that have been reported in the tech forums.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  12. nberneck99

nberneck99 Well-Known Member

At first I was like...what does dovetail have to do with the valve/STEAM website. Then it dawned on me, I’m very excited.

• Like Like x 7
  13. DTG Natster

RailFan97 We don't announce release dates for content on the Roadmap. You will find that out when we create specific announcements.

• Like Like x 7
  14. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

fixed upload_2021-1-12_17-29-18.png

• Like Like x 1
  15. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

Wheres the fix to re add the db 442 (red) emu back into senario planner?

• Like Like x 1
  16. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  17. Rail Runner

Rail Runner Well-Known Member

Does Steam mean that it’s Steam Locomotives or a fix for Steam the PC Game Distributor?

• Like Like x 1
  18. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

Another unexciting roadmap for me, maybe the next one or two I'll see something I like.

• Like Like x 5
  19. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

Very intriguing. I assume it is something in the core of the game to allow steam engines, but maybe it is not that exciting.

There is a lack of content "in planning". I cannot believe there are no routes or stock in planning for the coming few months! I wonder what stage DLC goes from in planning to "in planning"!

• Like Like x 2
  20. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I was expecting to see the new batch of routes and trains, but I guess they never said it was going to be on this roadmap...

21. CowBoyWolf

sadly its unknown for me too since it would better if they added a steam train to production if they are producing something with steam k nvm found this in discord = For those of you getting confused; the Steam referred to in the roadmap means that DTG are adding support to TSW 2 for the operation of steam locomotives.

22. jamesonmin

jamesonmin Well-Known Member

yes
    • Great Western 1970's - BR Blue theme gameplay pack for Great Western Express

• Like Like x 1
  23. fizpix

fizpix Well-Known Member

Is the 52 class a dlc?

24. CowBoyWolf

yes both for the BR blue and WSR both are different

25. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

theorganist Feel free to read the big long intro text. Enlightenment may be found there.

• Like Like x 8
  26. theorganist

Still unsure about this. Running 1970's period services on the 2000's GWE! Will they get the correct DMU is the burning question I have!

27. theorganist

I was too excited to see what was in the content, I skipped the preamble. I will do so now and probably will feel extremely embarrassed ;)!

EDIT: Yes, apologies, I should have read that bit first. I feel suitably humble!

• Like Like x 3
  28. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

Rhein Ruhr Osten used the HRR BR 422 in Timetable Mode, its still not fixed

• Like Like x 4
  29. Trenomarcus

Trenomarcus Well-Known Member

Good effort on the new roadmap format, but I don't like that you have to switch to forums to see the details, especially for items like "[Improvement] Platform departure boards added to Preserved Collection"... maybe a 2nd level bullet list would have been good?
    • [Improvement] Platform departure boards added to Preserved Collection
      • Long Island Railroad DLC
      • East Coastway DLC
      • Rapid Transit DLC
    Or a dropdown collapsible menu, if only the DTL was able to do that (I know it isn't).

• Like Like x 3
  30. schorni

schorni Well-Known Member

It's frustrating that you submit tickets and then either no one responds or if someone responds and also confirms the bugs and responds that they put it on the roadmap, but then only does it partially.It does make you ask yourself why you should bother at all.

• Like Like x 2
  31. spicemaster

spicemaster Member

Steam platform intergration is already being used? Obviously its steam locomotives.

• Like Like x 3
  32. LucasLCC

LucasLCC Well-Known Member

Having the bug list on here does make things an awful lot more readable.

Please can you continue to show when new things are added, and when things move up and down? It's really helpful when having a quick look.

33. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Are people really getting confused as to what “Steam” refers to in the roadmap? In a train simulator? After all the build up to a big surprise over the last two months. lol

• Like Like x 13
  34. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Thanks, I did read it, as I said, you never told us you will announce them on this roadmap, so it's fine, no disappointment.

Still can't wait to see what will be the first steam loco :)

• Like Like x 2
  35. fizpix

fizpix Well-Known Member

Instantly when GWE high speed prototype becomes compatible BTW preserved collection and livery designer I am excited I will do the inter city

36. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Similar confusion happened when they announced Diesel. Lots of people thought it was baldy film star Vin Diesel.

• Like Like x 14
  37. BBIAJ

BBIAJ Well-Known Member

Unless I missed it, no mention of there being no colour graded stopping zones for the Isle of Wight?

38. fizpix

fizpix Well-Known Member

Can someone please ask them on the stream are steam locomotives coming

39. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

2 points:

1) SEHS is listed under "upcoming", which in effect means it's in beta testing. Which means that it's going to be pretty soon, although they aren't so confident in "within two weeks" as to put it under Next Release. Y'know, I'd much rather DTG takes the position "when it's ready, we release it" rather than "it releases on a fixed ship date, whether it's really finished or not" (coughEAcough). Although it's worth pointing out that they announced it, officially, with a teaser vid and everything, and historically that isn't done until fairly close to the rollout.

2) The announcement that they have developers actively working on steam traction isn't whelming?

• Like Like x 6
  40. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Third-party DLC is probably not within DTG's fixing remit.

41. tallboy7648

That's why I'll use the 395 more then the 375 and won't even buy the 465 since there won't be a lot of play time with that train sadily

42. theorganist

I always assumed the first steam engine would be on the WSR but not so sure now. Very excited to see it appear on the roadmap.

• Like Like x 2
  43. Agent Qracle RUS

Agent Qracle RUS Well-Known Member

Nothing interesting again (don't care about steam trains), still waiting preorder SEHS :)

• Like Like x 4
  44. tallboy7648

Well you have "Steam" which is a store in which you would buy tsw2 on PC so it's easy to get the steam store and steam trains mixed up. They've should've put steam trains to not get people confused. Personally I'm not intrested into steam trains so I won't be buying anything steam train related

• Like Like x 1
  45. tallboy7648

maybe they shoud've put diesel trains instead of the word diesel to not get people confused

46. D41

D41 New Member

Steam trains ? :|

47. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

What happened to the "released" section?

"it won't be long"... still vague... I guess that means we'll get our hopes up for next roadmap and may get dissapointed again. A more concrete ETA would be appreciated :P

• Like Like x 1
  48. BBIAJ

BBIAJ Well-Known Member

Doesn't matter, known issues for Isle of Wight previously still had a mention, such as the lack of a working timetable, and dodgy button textures in the cab on console.

• Like Like x 1
  49. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

Why would they list Steam (PC platform) on the roadmap as it hasn’t got anything to do with TSW.

Seriously guys, it’s not hard to work out that it means Steam trains...

• Like Like x 5
  50. DTG Natster

For anyone still unsure about the meaning of "Steam", feel free to give this article a read.

• Like Like x 11