Rocky Mountaineer: North Vancouver - Whistler

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by BlackTabby, Jan 26, 2021.

1. BlackTabby

BlackTabby Active Member

One train I have always wanted to ride in my life is the Rocky Mountaineer. This route is a scenic luxury train that has three routes that all emanate out of Vancouver, to Jasper via Whistler & Quensel (branded as Rainforest to Gold Rush), Jasper via Kamloops (Journey Through the Clouds), and Banff via Kamloops (First Passage to the West). The the trains are a consist of single level SilverLeaf coaches and bi level GoldLeaf coaches. The trains are pulled by EMD GP40-2 diesel locomotives.

My suggestion would be the Rainforest to Gold Rush North Vancouver to Whistler section because they are both a good distance apart. When in off-the-rails mode, the train should have multiple consist options, like the CSX freight trains. For the GoldLeaf cars, there are two variants of the Colorado Railcar Ultra Dome, and a newer Stadler built type.[​IMG]
    Newer Stadler built GoldLeaf coaches Image Source: Railcolor News

[​IMG]
    SilverLeaf coach (above), SilverLeaf coach interior (below) Image Sources: Railway News & The Man in Seat 61
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Rocky Mountaineer GoldLeaf coach upper level Image Source: The Man in Seat 61

[​IMG]
    Rocky Mountaineer GP40-2 locomotives Image Source: thedieselshop.us

Last edited: Feb 1, 2021
    • Like Like x 1