[route Add-on] Chesapeake And Albemarle Railroad

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by varailfan462, Oct 18, 2020.

?
  1. Yes

3 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. varailfan462

varailfan462 New Member

Good day, my username is varailfan462. I have lived in Chesapeake, VA, for a few years now, and always have enjoyed the Chesapeake and Albemarle Railroad. Here is some information as well as some pictures

Rolling Stock:
    ex. ATSF EMD GP7u no. 1720 built in 1953
    [​IMG]
    This is a photo of the Chesapeake and Albemarle 1720. Credit to Anthony Paci for the photo.

ex. ATSF EMD GP7u no. 2158 built in 1953
    [​IMG]
    This is a photo of the Chesapeake and Albemarle 2158. Credit to Anthony Paci for the photo.

This is a photo of the Chesapeake and Albemarle 502. Credit to Stephie Kolata for the photo.ex. FEC EMD GP38-2 no. 502[​IMG]
    This is a photo of the Chesapeake and Albemarle 502. Credit to Stephie Kolata for the photo.
    [​IMG]

This is a photo of the Chesapeake and Albemarle 502. Credit to Steve Barry for the photo.

The line in bold orange is the route the Chesapeake and Albemarle Railroad takes from Norfolk Southern's Portlock Yard where it interchanges, to Edenton, NC. This line isn't he longest, but it is still quite an interesting route with many customers that need switching along the way.
    [​IMG]
    Top Commodities: Agricultural Products, Chemicals and Plastics, Lumber and Forest Products, Minerals and Stone

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Here are some shots of the southbound Chesapeake and Albemarle hauling sand and gravel in open 3 bay VULX rock hoppers, and a cement car for Edenton, NC. Credit to Samuel Rockwell for these last three photos.

Finally, for some live demonstration of how this line works, here is a chase I have put together, and will give you an idea of this railroad's operations!

If any further information is needed, please don't hesitate to give me a shout!

Last edited: Oct 18, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  2. MetrolinkF125#916

MetrolinkF125#916 Well-Known Member

This does seem like a good route to bring into the game, it’s a great idea!