[route Editor] Can You Raise/lower All The Track In The Whole Route?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cwf.green, Sep 21, 2020.

Tags:
  1. cwf.green

cwf.green Well-Known Member

I've been using imported SRTM DEM data for my route but noticed (after I laid about 10km of track) that my starting point station is about 5 meters too high compared to reality. This might not be an issue if all the points on the route were raised by 5 meters but since the station I began at had a DEM artifact the gradients get unrealistic if I want the rest of the tracks to match the terrain.

Is there a way, either in the route editor or outside, to change the elevation of all the tracks in the route in one go? I tried to do it manually but since I have a lot of junctions they get bugged when I try to change the elevation.

I also want to know if there is an easier way to change gradients of tracks. Right now I set the gradient points where I want to change the gradient and then raise the marker up or down, check the gradient and redo it until I have the correct gradient, but this is both quite tedious and also inaccurate since you can't always get the exact centimeter. Can you somehow either lay track with the correct gradient already or input the exact gradient on a stretch of track? I know there is a gradient window in the lower left corner (where you select number of parallel tracks) but it doesn't seem to work when I change the number.

EDIT: I found a solution to my second problem. I had input gradients as 0.00x to mean x per mill when the units were already in per mill :D

Last edited: Sep 21, 2020