Route Expansions

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Wtl, Mar 8, 2021.

1. Wtl

Wtl New Member

So, the game is here. There are route dlcs that cost roughly £24.99, and then there are loco adons which cost around £11.49
    However, I think they should add route expansions for routes, that are dlcs. For example: For SEHS, there could be an expansion dlc, that extends the route to either Ramsgate, Dover, Victoria, Charing Cross, cannon Street, Maidstone West, Ashford or Sheerness. It would cost about £11.49, but it can also depend on how long the route will be. For EX, they could add an expansion dlc, that extends the route to Hastings, Littlehampton or Haywards heath. And finally, for GWR, they could extend it to Heathrow, Windsor or Swindon. I think they should add that, because alot of people usually complain how routes are way too short. So it would be good to make expansion dlcs, and it also suits Dovetail's greedy marketing style, so it's a win-win

• Like Like x 2
  2. HamioSamio098

HamioSamio098 Well-Known Member

About the Heathrow idea...

Whilst driving to Heathrow would be really cool, the actual line isn't owned by GWR, its owned by Heathrow Airport Holdings, which in turn is owned by Ferrovial. And apparently, trying to get a licence from them is quite hard so I cannot see it happening in the meantime. But the other suggestions you have made will most definitely work. So, some good suggestions here!

3. elarthur

elarthur Well-Known Member

This has been asked for so many times. I totally agree with the idea as most of the routes we currently have (British ones as they're all i play) have branches and short sections that are so far not included. Personally I would love to see ALL of the GWE branches for both freight and passenger traffic. Just to bore you all once more, I will list them from East to West...

West Ealing to Greenford (potentially also the spur at Old Oak Common that links with the Chiltern Mainline)
    Southall to Brentford Waste Terminal
    West Drayton to Thorney Mill/Colnbrook
    Slough to Windsor Central
    Maidenhead to Bourne End/Marlow
    Twyford to Henley on Thames

If done thoroughly from the start, it would be possible to also get a version of the following as well...

The original Brentford Marina terminus.
    The complete branch to Staines West and Uxbridge Vine Street.
    The original larger Windsor Central Station.
    The original route to High Wycombe beyond Bourne End.
    The original larger Henley on Thames Station.

All of these are long gone and would make very interesting inclusions for those of us who never had the chance to see them.

Running the two projects in tandem would only require minor tweaks to the newer version in order to create the older examples. Just to mention that these branches are quite important routes on this section of the GWML and GWE is sorely lacking without them.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2021
    • Like Like x 2