Route Extension: Lohr Bahnhof To Wurzburg High Speed Line And Aschaffenburg To Hanau

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by aaronbrall#7894, Aug 1, 2021.

1. aaronbrall#7894

aaronbrall#7894 Active Member

Ill start off with the shorter Aschaffenburg to Hanau:
    this is a 23km section from Aschaffenburg to Hanau on the MSB, there are 6 intermediate stations between the 2 towns, from East to West they are: Kleinostheim, Rückersbacher Schlucht (just a station in the middle of the forest, not much else) Dettingen, Kahl am Main, Großkrotzenburg, Großauheim Normal REGIO and freight services would run along here as on the other part of the line as well as the ICE, which I'll expand on in my next paragraph
    For images see here: https://imgur.com/a/c9QyjtT

Currently after Lohr Bahnhof the route runs to Gemunden, but on the east side of Lohr the tracks split, facing east we always go left and under the other tracks, the other tracks lead you over the Nantenbach Curve and then onto a short section of the Hannover-Wurzburg high speed line, the total route form Lohr is 51km, 40 of which are on the Hannover-Wurzburg line, and 11 on the Nantenbach curve, according to wikipedia the Nantenbach curve sees 60 services, both freight and passenger each day, and the main reason why I bring this up is because this would allow the BR403, 406 and BR101 to all run on the MSB as there are frequent Intercity and Intercity Express services that run on the line that do skip every station on the current route except Aschaffenburg.
    For images see here: https://imgur.com/a/ViZPYD7

Now that we have the ICE in the game I'd like to see the ICE introduced onto older routes, like MSB and HRR, If both suggestions were introduced the route would be about 100km

I am not going to include this part in my main suggestion, because mainly I don't think it would be feasible on the game due to how much track there would be. But it would be the local Gemuden-Wurzburg line, again around 50km but instead of using the Hannover-Wurzburg line, it runs next to the Hafenlohr river and stops at towns sitting on this very scenic part of Bavaria. If this were added the total track milage would be around 140km, which I dont think the current game engine can handle and it seems DTG and other developing parties are still trying to work out route length how far is too far

• Like Like x 3
  2. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

If Austrian routes are added all ÖBB Sleeper trains run Würzburg Lohr Aschaffenburg then Frankfurt Am Main towards Amsterdam via Duisburg Oberhausen Arnhem Railway and Brussels midi via Schnellfahrstrecke Köln-Aachen. The exception here being ÖBB train 490 Hamburg Wien which uses Lohr Aschaffenburg Hanau

• Like Like x 1
  3. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

What does Austrian railways have to do with this ? Make your own suggestion instead of ruining someone else’s with yours

• Like Like x 3
  4. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

If you want me to explain it to you they can come in as layers onto existing German routes we have including this route. because If you look at my signature there is a thread I made to why all the Sleeper trains from Austria Ends up going on Main Spessart Bahn including this route. EMU here is DB BR445/446

• Like Like x 1
  5. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

Layers require the original route(s) and loco(s) being in the game. ÖBB is not.

I agree with saltychipz#3569, you really should banging on about it in every remotely related thread, it's really, really frustrating. Same goes for TVL stuff literally anytime a pacer or sprinter is mentioned, or LGV Barcelona - Perpig-whatever, and the NS Oberhausen thing.