Route Extensions: Would You Buy

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by twiggy#9635, Oct 22, 2021.

?
  1. Yes

34 vote(s)
    51.5%
  2. No

6 vote(s)
    9.1%
  3. Maybe, depends on the route

26 vote(s)
    39.4%
  1. twiggy#9635

twiggy#9635 Well-Known Member

Now I know this may seem like it should be in suggestions but I assure you it shouldn’t as I’m not suggesting it should happen. However, I am curious if other people are like me and would buy a route extension if it was released. For example in my opinion GWE feels a tad short on the HST so if the added another 50miles I would buy it so I could get more HST action.

what’s your thoughts on it? :)

2. borg#1850

borg#1850 Well-Known Member

Have to say most routes take about 30-60 minutes to complete I think, in one go. I suppose it depends if the save works correctly or you have an amount of time, to spend on one trip. Have to say it might be nice to be able to go Kings Cross to Doncaster or all the way to Edinburgh, but I think it would be a huge download size. Which is another issue, as not "Everyone" has a fibre broadband connection, with a great download speed.

3. tcmikaelsouza

tcmikaelsouza Well-Known Member

for me it depends a lot, how much I like the Route, I would very much like there to be extensions, such as HS1 to Ebsflett, SEHS from Gravessend to LV, I would very much like it, it would be much more complete.

• Like Like x 1
  4. yambam#1598

yambam#1598 Member

I would like to see the sheerness on sea added to SEHS or extended to Dover. I know people moan when routes are short but expansions maybe a way forward to extend routes rather than make a huge route. I have no idea how long say a 100ish mile route (WCML Birmingham to London) would take to make in a sitting

5. marcsharp2

marcsharp2 Well-Known Member

Depends on the route for me, If a UK route was extended.. Say TVR to Bishop Auckland I'd buy it in a heartbeat but if it's a route I hardly play like LIRR I wouldn't. But I'd be all for route extensions.