Route Ideas

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Md234774, May 14, 2020.

1. Md234774

Md234774 Member

Some route suggestions:
    Thameslink (Entire Route)
    Elizabeth Line
    LIRR Extension

• Like Like x 1
  2. mrchuck

mrchuck Well-Known Member

Lirr Extension for train simulator.

3. budtheweiser

budtheweiser Active Member

Good Idea

4. budtheweiser

budtheweiser Active Member

Thameslink licence the company would have to get from Govia thameslink railway and Network rail

5. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

WHY do you keep going on about something you know NOTHING about.????
    You need a License to use a LOGO - ie The Branding on the Trains.
    So why do you think a Network Rail License is required?

Peter

6. caspargray

caspargray Active Member

Thameslink: Peterborough / Bedford - Brighton

(a merge of London to Brighton, St Pancras to Bedford, and KX to Peterborough), with the core added and all three routes amended slightly to look like they do today (2021) rather than 2012, (I’m mainly thinking platform extensions, a new Peterborough and a new Three Bridges and Hornsey depots, but there may be other stuff too.) Include a 700/0 and a 700/1 and I would happily be paying £24.99 for that. Most of the heavy lifting is done, so the route teams can focus on some more of the details. If they still had time left over then the Wimbledon loop would be a good idea, or an extension to Cambridge, but I am more in favour of the core route.

DTG did mention in a stream they were in negotiations for a Thameslink license, so fingers crossed.

7. Cat

Cat Well-Known Member

8. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

LIRR Extension better ask that on Train Sim World forums. Since it's a Train Sim World Route https://forums.dovetailgames.com/forums/trainsimworld/. Instead of LIRR how about NJ Transit Atlantic City Line. The game has Northeast Corridor Trenton to NY Penn via New Brunswick & Entire NJCL Bay Head to NY Penn Morris and Essex Lines.

9. VictorHugoVS

VictorHugoVS Active Member

If I could, I would keep my fingers crossed until they launch, I really want to drive the class 700 and have a updated ECML, MML and Brighton Mainline.

10. Cyclone

Cyclone Well-Known Member

A bit surprised you didn't create your own thread by this point instead of bringing back one ten months old.

I do have to ask a question, though. We already have London to Brighton. We already have St. Pancras to Bedford. They are both already sold as separate DLC. What would be the business case for combining those with a patch in the middle? There is no good way to go through London except via London Blackfriars to satisfy the Thameslink route. We already have South London Network, which Danny kindly merged so we can go from London Bridge to Brighton and back. The only segment of track missing is the spur past London Bridge, turning off to Cannon Street (also been asked about for routes to the east), and continuing onwards to the turn off the path to Waterloo East and Charing Cross (again, something we need a route for), and then north to London Blackfriars, City Thameslink, Farrington, Kings Cross St Pancras, then merge into the route to Bedford. Unless we get a London Underground route that also by chance feaures bits of all of these connecting lines, this route segment will likely never be featured as a fully functional route. Even if we get the Charing Cross station one day, and maybe even Cannon Street (not important), I don't think we'll have an official route taking that underground stretch, Also, given that three different DLC are in the Thameslink route - two fully enclosed - there is zero chance that DTG would look at this and say it makes business sense to create a route containing all three of them and thus shoot themselves in the foot, arm, and ear. The only way that would happen is as an addition to the London to Brighton and Bedford routes, stating that ownership of those routes is required to use this one (maybe South London Network, too). That way they don't sell a second copy of the two fully enclosed routes. They can then have a pared down version of the map that utilizes the segment needed for Thaneslink if they so wish, but it will be merged anyway, so might as well be one network for freight as well.

Otherwise, the best you can hope for here is that inside of London is fully covered in its own DLC. If so, you can then merge the routes. Or try asking Danny to, but no guarantee he'll have the time.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  11. caspargray

caspargray Active Member

I posted this in the TSW forum to start with, so then I just searched route suggestions and this thread came up. Point taken for next time though. I’m still desperately waiting for Danny to finish the scenery on his original Thameslink route, so I am sure he wouldn’t have time for the next bit. Even so the routes are still set before all the platform extensions to make them long enough for 12 cars, so it would still not be suitable for 700s. I would have argued that the idea means DTG can earn more from their original work, as most people already have the originals and those that don’t I would have guessed wait until sales and then pick them up for basically nothing anyway.

12. Cyclone

Cyclone Well-Known Member

OK, based on that, you do have a point. A new version of the route would allow for the dating to be different. I think the current route was dated for 2011, which would make sense because "Smitham" is still referenced in one of the scenario titles (it is now Coulsdon Town as of May 22, 2011; hilariously, the errata is a scenario dated for March 3, 2012, so the devs REALLY messed up there, but at least it says Coulsdon Town in the scenario if not the title). I take it that expansions were done since then, and as you stated, a route with extended platforms is indeed possible now if they dated it to today. So I can see how that can be sold as a different DLC, with the original route joining the Classics collection and them literally taking a copy, fixing all the problems with it, and expanding it. I wonder if they would do that.