Route Map - Place Names

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by zappatime, Jul 22, 2022.

1. zappatime

zappatime Well-Known Member

It was interesting in Thursday night’s stream, when using the editor, they clicked onto the route map that looks exactly like the route map in game, but it had the addition of scaleable place names (when zooming in and out of the map, their scale adjusted with the zoom level); I wonder why this hasn’t been possible to implement route names in game?

2. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Maybe this will be added to TSW 3.

3. I think the route map with station names can be accessed in the pause menu.

4. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

It can be accessed. Just to to the map tab and each station should be labeled

5. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

The editor map uses far too much memory so they stripped it down to the bare minimum for the game. The little map in the pause menu with the station names is an abomination of map design and should be cast into Room 101 at the first opportunity DTG have.

• Like Like x 4
  6. zappatime

zappatime Well-Known Member

I agree, that pause menu map is pretty poor, hard to believe the editor’s map uses a lot of memory, shame really.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Compared to the 2d map on tsc it is a waste of space.

8. Sharon E

Sharon E Well-Known Member

About the only thing its useful for is setting switches.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Too much memory for whom? Not for PC and gen9 I would imagine. So, it should be upgraded to TSC standard with TSW3
    While they're at it, the entire pause menu, including that little map, should be retrofitted to the way it was at launch. The " try it, you'll like it " and " get used to it " mantras didn't work for many of us.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2022
  10. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I have a feeling the map will get more info on it for TSW3 and as far as UI design and functionality goes in general, Sam has been working on that side of things, so hopefully the whole lot will be better thought out, redesigned and implemented in a way that works on both console and PC and isn’t the clunky mess it has been for a long time. The controller flow to exit from the route to the main menu or get to the settings is so bad it grates every time I have to do it and the in session ‘game ending’ popups defaulting to ‘yes’ on console is a huge issue still. Far too many actions required to deliberately end a session and yet only one mistimed click to unintentionally end a session any time you are undertaking a task on foot during a timetable run. It’s backwards is that.

• Like Like x 1